Attorneys & ProfessionalsView List
Vorys represents private equity, venture capital, mezzanine funds and hedge funds, sponsors, family offices, investment firms, fund investors, senior and subordinated debt lenders and portfolio companies in all aspects of fund and entity formation, operation and fundraising, M&A and joint ventures, leveraged lending, recapitalizations and other debt and equity finance transactions, as well as other comprehensive full-service legal matters. Our private equity transactional experience ranges from $1 million to more than $1 billion and we have represented private equity related clients in transactions in almost all 50 states, as well as in cross-border transactions. Vorys is a nationally recognized preeminent firm. Click here to see our Honors and Awards.
Comprehensive Private Equity ServicesWe employ leading lawyers in virtually every legal specialty when servicing our private equity and portfolio company clients. To deliver the highest quality service, we regularly work on an inter-disciplinary basis, bringing deep experience from different practice groups and offices. Our teams work with clients in the following areas:
| || |
Click here to learn more about our practice areas and industry groups.
- A private equity firm in its capital raise, acquisition and financing of an international specialty gauge and sensor manufacturer.
- An e-commerce logistics software technology company in its Series A and Series B preferred venture capital investment rounds and $20 million Reg. D notes/warrants offering.
- Multiple sponsors in the structuring, organizing and financing of multiple funds.
- A venture capital fund in connection with its organization and funding.
- A private equity firm in its organization of a new fund to invest in growth companies in a wide range of industries.
- A New York-based private equity firm in 12 add-on acquisitions of companies located throughout the United States in various industrial related service companies.
- A NYSE-listed New York based mezzanine fund in financing multiple acquisitions, including a diversified national plastics manufacturer; a multi-state heavy equipment rental company; an IT services firm; an international provider of automation vending equipment; a manufacturer of rigging and safety gear; an integrated engineering, procurement, and construction management company; an industrial packaging component supplier; a global developer and manufacturer of pre-hospital gear; a strategic aerospace, defense, technology, health care and life sciences consulting firm; and a marketing firm.
- A Toronto-based private equity firm, as U.S. counsel, in the acquisition of a market-leading bakery company.
- A consortium of private equity firms led by an affiliate of the Blackstone Group in $1.7 billion financing of debt and equity to Oklahoma-based American Energy Partners.
- A private equity firm in multiple debt and equity capital raises and acquisitions and/or recapitalizations of 5 portfolio companies in various industrial related industries and located throughout the United States and internationally.
- A New York-based hedge fund in financing the acquisition of a national oil and gas exploration company.
- A private equity firm in a $477 million financing transaction for an oil and gas exploration company.
- An Australian sovereign fund in connection with senior secured financing provided to global wind energy development company Windlab Limited, which operates in Australia, South Africa, Tanzania and the United States.
- A strategic venture capital investor in an investment in a company that develops, commercializes and manufactures nanofibers for use in advanced performance materials.
- A “fund of funds” in its investment in an Ohio-based fund.
- A Fortune 500 company in the sale of its limited partnership interest in a fund.
- A global Chinese headquartered public company in its direct venture capital investment in a Silicon Valley based software technology company.
- A private equity firm in its acquisition of a media company.
- A lead debt provider in $110 million syndicated, leveraged private equity acquisition of several paper mills.
- A lead debt provider in $55 million syndicated, leveraged private equity acquisition of a consumer products manufacturer located in Georgia. A lead debt provider in $22 million syndicated, leveraged private equity acquisition of a consumer products distributor located in Indiana.
- A lead debt provider in $25 million syndicated, leveraged private equity acquisition of a pharmaceutical distributor located in Ohio.
- A lead debt provider in $14 million syndicated, leveraged private equity acquisition of a professional staffing company located in Illinois.
- A lead debt provider in $13 million syndicated, leveraged private equity acquisition of a strategic, project, and risk solutions provider located in Ohio
- A multifamily investment company in multiple joint ventures among the client, insurance companies, real estate investment trusts, and large public pension funds relating to multifamily real estate projects across the U.S.
- A family office investor in an investment in an Illinois-based biotechnology company.
- A venture capital firm in its investment in a company established to commercialize technology transferred from the University of Chicago.
- A venture capital fund in an investment in a Massachusetts-based biotechnology company.
- A venture capital fund in an investment in a California-based company focused on developing minimally invasive tools to restore spine function and preserve healthy tissue.
- A venture capital fund in an investment in a California-based company focused on developing and manufacturing a smart, cloud-based sprinkler system.
- A venture capital fund in an investment in a Montana-based pharmaceutical company.
- A venture capital fund in an investment in a California-based company that assists businesses with lowering the costs associated with meeting their regulatory compliance and audit requirements.
- A venture capital fund in an investment in a Florida-based developer and manufacturer of drones.
- A venture capital fund in an investment in an Ohio-based developer of design/simulation software.
- A venture capital fund in an investment in an Ohio-based biopharmaceutical company.
- A venture capital firm in the acquisition of a product lifecycle management software company.