- Corporate and Business Organizations
- Financial Institutions
- University of Kentucky College of Law, J.D., 2000, cum laude
Kentucky Law Journal, associate editor, 1999-2000
- Centre College, B.A., 1997
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Jason is a partner in the Cincinnati office of Vorys where he practices corporate and business law, representing companies in a broad range of sizes and industries. He has worked with start-ups, large publicly traded companies and those in-between, and has considerable experience in general corporate and business law, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, banking and securities.
Jason’s work with his clients spans from entity selection and formation to exit strategies and acquisitions. He regularly advises clients on purchases and sales of businesses, equity investments and offerings, strategic alternatives and general contract and business matters. He advises public company clients on their disclosure and reporting under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and corporate governance matters, and frequently works with financial institutions on regulatory compliance, securities matters, capital raising and acquisitions.
His recent highlights include:
- Representing a New York based private equity fund in numerous multi-million dollar portfolio company acquisitions across the country
- Representing a Swiss company in its multi-million dollar acquisition of a U.S.-based company
- Representing R.G. Barry Corporation in its over $200 million sale to Mill Road Capital
- Representing a savings and loan holding company in its acquisition for approximately $50 million in cash and stock
- Representing a bank holding company in its acquisition for over $40 million in cash and stock
- Representing a mutual savings association in multiple merger acquisitions
- Representing various private equity investors and portfolio companies in differing forms of investments, acquisitions and disposition
- Representing numerous small and privately-owned businesses in both smaller and multi-million dollar acquisition transactions
- Representing a bondholder group in a $22 million asset purchase transaction
- Representing a marine engine manufacturer in a $30 million asset sale transaction
- Representing private equity and individual investors in numerous venture capital investments and dispositions
- Representing both early-stage and established companies in securities offerings and private equity investments
- Serving as underwriter's counsel in multiple mutual to stock conversions of a financial institution and in the related initial public offerings
- Representing various financial institutions and their holding companies in multimillion dollar acquisition transactions
- Representing a savings and loan holding company in a multi-million dollar Regulation D private offering of common shares
- Serving as underwriter’s counsel in a $10 million rights offering and subsequent public offering by a bank holding company
- Serving as underwriter's counsel in various financial institution mergers and securities offerings
- Representing an investor group in its acquisition of control of a savings and loan holding company
- Advising publicly traded companies on securities law compliance and reporting, including various corporate governance and activist shareholders matters, contested proxy solicitations and private placements of securities
Jason is licensed to practice in both Ohio and Kentucky, and is a member of the American Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association, the Kentucky Bar Association and the Cincinnati Bar Association.
Jason received his J.D. cum laude from the University of Kentucky College of Law, where he was an associate editor for the Kentucky Law Journal. He received his B.A. from Centre College.
Professional and Community Activities
- Urban Appalachian Council, Trustee, 2006-2014 and Treasurer, 2008-2014
- Cincinnati Bar Association Corporate Counsel Committee, Secretary, 2005-2012
- Maketewah Country Club, Director, 2009-2013
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Business/Corporate, 2009-2011
- 9/5/2014Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP recently advised R.G. Barry Corporation in its sale to MRGB Hold Co., an affiliate of Mill Road Capital.