We advise business organizations and their owners, boards and executives in all stages of the life cycle, from selecting and structuring an appropriate entity, to raising capital to support the entity’s growth, to executing a successful exit strategy or transfer of control to the next generation of the family owners.
We understand that the legal needs of a business organization evolve, and we have experienced attorneys who are able to assist you every step of the way. By way of example, we regularly advise business organizations with:
- Entity selection and capital structure
- Debt and equity financings, including angel, venture capital and private equity financings
- Governance and fiduciary relationships
- Stakeholder dispute resolution and minority shareholder/owner oppression
- Succession planning, including inter-generational strategies to transfer wealth and control
- Liquidity and exit strategies
- Equity-oriented compensation arrangements
- Restructurings and reorganizations
- Joint ventures
- Contracts and commercial agreements
- Licensing and sponsorship agreements
- Nonprofit organizations
In addition, our attorneys commonly serve as outside general counsel to business organizations with limited or no in-house legal department. In this capacity, we provide day-to-day general business counseling in an efficient and cost-effective manner that provides our clients with our full range of experience and resources.
News & Insights