Vorys is recognized for its sophisticated franchise finance counsel, where our clients include franchisors, franchisees and regional lending institutions. We have recently represented a regional bank owned franchise company in the creation of their franchise lending documents, implementation of a thorough process in connection with the franchise loans, and documentation of dozens of franchise lending transactions throughout the country. These transactions have been used by franchisees for working capital, acquisition financing, real estate financing and construction financing.
In these transactions, our finance team works hand-in-hand with our national franchising team, who represents several franchisors such as Wendy’s International, Inc., Stanley Steemer International, Inc. and Penn Station, Inc., among other nationally-recognized franchisors in other industries.
Recent representative franchise finance experience includes:
- $11,000,000 term loan facility to franchisees of approximately 91 Domino’s Pizza stores
- Approximately $4.9 million dollar term loan facility and $1.3 million development line facility to franchisees of approximately 30 Moe’s Southwest Grill stores
- $14.5 million term loan facility to franchisees of approximately 52 Pizza Hut stores and 5 Checkers stores
- $2 million of term loan facilities and $500,000 development line facility to franchisees of approximately 11 Dunkin’ Donuts and Baskin-Robbins stores
- $6.2 million of term loan facilities and $1 million development line facility to franchisees of approximately 20 Arby’s stores
- $12.6 million term loan facility to franchisee of approximately 30 Sonic stores