- Boston College Law School, J.D., 2012, magna cum laude
- University of Chicago, B.A., 2009, with honors
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
- Hon. Roslynn R. Mauskopf . U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2012-2013
Frank is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the corporate and business organizations group. Frank’s practice focuses on advising executive teams, business owners and entrepreneurs on merger and acquisition, private equity and venture capital transactions. Frank also counsels clients in general business matters including the formation of business entities, and the drafting and negotiation of business contracts and commercial agreements. Frank represents large privately held companies, family offices, private equity firms and their portfolio companies, entrepreneurs and other business owners. Frank has counseled clients in numerous industries including specialty manufacturing, technology, retail gas and convenience stores, commercial real estate services, financial services, automotive services, retail, restaurants, medical practices and franchisors/franchisees.
Frank is an active legal voice in the esports industry. Frank works with esports teams, companies interested in using sponsorships to reach esports audiences, and other established and startup companies in the esports and gaming industries. Contact Frank for more information about the legal services Vorys can provide to esports and gaming companies and sponsors.
Prior to joining Vorys, Frank served as a law clerk to the Honorable Roslynn R. Mauskopf in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Frank received his J.D. magna cum laude from Boston College Law School, where he was an editor for the Boston College Law Review, a member of the National Moot Court team and a member of the student government. Frank earned his B.A. with honors from the University of Chicago and attended St. Charles Preparatory high school.
Frank is an active member of the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral and supports the fundraising efforts of the Community Shelter Board, North Market Development Authority and Columbus Museum of Art.
Notable experiences include:
- Representing Bob Evans Farms, Inc. in the acquisition of Pineland Farms Potato Company, Inc.
- Representing M/I Homes, Inc. in an acquisition in Detroit, Michigan.
- Representing Safelite Group, Inc. in its acquisition of several regional vehicle glass repair and replacement companies located across the United States.
- Representing Diamond Hill Investment Group Inc. in its sale of an ancillary financial services business.
- Representing R.G. Barry Corporation in its over $200 million sale to Mill Road Capital.
- Representing Tailored Brands, Inc., and its subsidiary, The Men's Wearhouse, Inc., in the sale of its corporate apparel business to a group led by the existing U.K. corporate apparel executive team
- Representing a Midwest-based technology startup in a $9 million Series A investment round and $11 million Series B investment round.
- Representing a New York-based private equity fund in numerous multi-million dollar portfolio company acquisitions across the country.
- Representing CBC Companies, Inc. in its acquisition of Kroll Factual Data, Inc.
- Representing a marine engine manufacturer in a $30 million sale transaction.
- Representing Thirty-One Gifts, LLC in its acquisition of Rendi LLC.
- Representing a national fraternal organization in the restructuring of the corporate governance structure of over 30 business entities in numerous states.
Professional and Community Activities
- The Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral, Member and Cantor
- Community Shelter Board, Under One Roof Event Committee Member
- Columbus Museum of Art, Wonderball Planning Committee Member
- Association for Corporate Growth, Young ACG Board Member
- 11/14/2018Vorys recently advised Air Transport Services Group (ATSG) connection with its acquisition of Omni Air International, a Tulsa-based services carrier.
- 6/5/2017Vorys recently advised Worthington Industries, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Amtrol, a leading manufacturer of pressure cylinders and water system tanks
- 9/5/2014Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP recently advised R.G. Barry Corporation in its sale to MRGB Hold Co., an affiliate of Mill Road Capital.
- 8/11/2014Vorys recently advised Insight Bank on its sale to First Financial Bancorp, the parent holding company of First Financial Bank, National Association.
- 7/1/2020On July 1, 2020, Vorys attorney Frank Zonars a panelist at the Inven Global Esports Conference.
- 8/6/2015Client Alert: Extending Consumer Credit to Active-Duty Military Service Members: Department of Defense Issues Final Rule Implementing the Military Lending ActOn July 22, 2015, the United States Department of Defense issued a final rule implementing the Military Lending Act (the MLA), a federal law that provides various protections to active-duty service members in consumer credit transactions. The MLA imposes various restrictions and disclosure requirements on a creditor who extends consumer credit to active-duty service members, their spouses and their dependents.
- 7/30/2015In mid-2000, the SEC adopted Regulation FD to protect investors by creating a level playing field for all investors for access to material, nonpublic information. The SEC’s primary concern was that selective disclosure, and the perception of selective disclosure to analysts and institutional investors, of material, nonpublic information, leads to a loss of investor confidence in the integrity and fairness of the securities markets.
- 7/30/2015On June 9, 2015, the Federal Reserve, OCC and FDIC (as well as the SEC, CFPB and NCUA) issued a final interagency joint policy statement (JPS) establishing standards for assessing the diversity policies and practices of the entities they regulate.
- 7/30/2015Imagine the following scenario: your bank has just announced an agreement to be acquired by a larger institution that is entering your market for the first time. Two months into the process your CEO, CFO and chief lender tell the board that they have decided to accept offers from local competitors because (a) they will make more money, (b) they have a built-in customer following and (c) despite good relations with the buyer they are uncertain as to their future and have families to consider.
- 7/30/2015As the M&A environment heats up and industry chatter increases, banks and their boards need to be prepared to take advantage of strategic opportunities. Boards should have an M&A strategy in place and this preparation needs to take place before the situation arises.
- 5/5/2015On April 29, 2015, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) proposed rules to implement Section 953(a) of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, which directs the SEC to require additional “pay-versus-performance” disclosure in any proxy information statements in which executive compensation disclosure is required pursuant to Item 402 of Regulation S-K.
- 4/3/2015Securities Alert: SEC Amends Regulation A Exemption to apply to Offerings of up to $50 Million of Securities AnnuallyOn March 25, 2015, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) adopted amendments to Regulation A, which provides an exemption from the registration requirements of the Securities Act of 1933 (Securities Act) for smaller securities offerings by private (non-SEC reporting) companies.