Frank is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the corporate and business organizations group.
Frank’s practice focuses on advising large privately owned companies in sophisticated merger & acquisition and joint venture transactions. Frank also represents private equity firms and their portfolio companies, family offices, startup companies and entrepreneurs in numerous industries including esports, specialty manufacturing, technology and fintech, retail and consumer brands, industrial services and others.
Frank is an active legal voice in the esports industry and the leader of the Vorys esports and gaming practice group. Frank works with esports businesses, teams, corporate partners and sponsors and others in the esports and gaming industries. Contact Frank for more information about the legal services Vorys can provide to esports and gaming companies and sponsors.
Frank received his J.D. magna cum laude from Boston College Law School, where he was an editor for the Boston College Law Review, a member of the National Moot Court team and a member of the student government. Frank earned his B.A. with honors from the University of Chicago and attended St. Charles Preparatory high school. Prior to joining Vorys, Frank served as a law clerk to the Honorable Roslynn R. Mauskopf in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, and a summer associate lawyer at Ropes & Gray LLP in Boston.
Frank is an active member of the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral and supports the fundraising efforts of the Community Shelter Board, North Market Development Authority and Columbus Museum of Art.
Career highlights include:
Strategic and Financial M&A and Joint Ventures
- Representing Hollister Co., a division of Abercrombie and Fitch Co., in the launch of Social Tourist (a joint venture with Charli and Dixie D’Amelio)
- Representing Bob Evans Farms, Inc. in the acquisition of Pineland Farms Potato Company, Inc.
- Representing M/I Homes, Inc. in an acquisition in Detroit, Michigan
- Representing Tailored Brands, Inc., and its subsidiary, The Men's Wearhouse, Inc., in the sale of its corporate apparel business to a group led by the existing U.K. corporate apparel executive team
- Representing Safelite Group, Inc. in its acquisition of numerous regional vehicle glass repair and replacement companies located across the United States
- Representing R.G. Barry Corporation in its over $200 million sale to Mill Road Capital
- Representing a UK-based public company and its US subsidiaries in numerous U.S. acquisitions, commercial finance transactions and general business and corporate governance matters
- Representing a New York-based private equity fund in numerous portfolio company acquisitions across the country in a number of industries
- Representing CBC Companies, Inc. in its acquisition of Kroll Factual Data, Inc.
- Representing a marine engine manufacturer in a $30 million sale transaction
- Representing Thirty-One Gifts, LLC in its acquisition of Rendi LLC
Emerging Companies and Venture Capital
- Representing American Nitrile, an Ohio-based manufacturer of nitrile gloves, in connection with a $105 million investment from Orion Infrastructure Capital
- Representing a technology startup in the travel industry in a $9 million Series A investment round and $11 million Series B investment round, equity compensation matters, and in negotiating commercial agreements with various strategic partners
- Representing a Midwest-based fintech startup in general commercial and securities law matters
- Advising an entrepreneurial company in the specialty food products industry in connection with a capital restructuring and two multi-million-dollar equity investments by a private equity fund
- Advising a legal technology startup in general business formation and startup matters, the structuring and implementation of equity incentive plans and in preparation for seeking debt and equity financing
esports and Gaming
- Serving as local counsel to a prominent international esports brand in connection with employment, real estate and other matters
- Representing a prominent esports company in its Series A capital raise at a valuation of over $100M
- Advising a multi-channel gaming and esports business in negotiating joint ventures with educational institutions, real estate developers and others to open and operate retail esports/gaming venues
- Advising several esports startup companies with respect to entity formation, capital raising and other business matters
Honors & Recognitions
Columbus CEO, Best Lawyers, Corporate, 2022
Columbus CEO, Best Lawyers, Mergers & Acquisitions, 2022
Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Corporate, 2022
Professional & Community Activities
The Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral, Member and Cantor
Community Shelter Board, Under One Roof Event Committee Member
Columbus Museum of Art, Wonderball Planning Committee Member
Association for Corporate Growth, Young ACG Board Member
News & Insights
- Authored articleSummer 2019
- Authored articleWinter 2019
- Client alert
- Authored articleSummer 2015
- Client alert
- Client alert
Boston College Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2012
Boston College Law Review, Editor
University of Chicago, B.A., with honors, 2009
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
- Hon. Roslynn R. Mauskopf, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2012-2013