- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 2007, cum laude
- Capital University, B.A., 2004, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
Nici is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. Her practice focuses on commercial and structured finance matters, representing both lenders and large corporate borrowers in a wide range of financing transactions including syndicated and multi-currency credit facilities, asset-based lending facilities, acquisition financings, structured and mezzanine financings, mortgage warehousing facilities, and securitizations.
In addition, Nici regularly represents financial institutions, investment managers and commercial end-users, including public companies, energy companies, manufacturing companies and retailers, in connection with over-the-counter derivative transactions under the ISDA Master Agreement and its related suite of documents, including drafting and negotiating related Schedules and Credit Support Annexes, and various regulatory matters in connection with derivative transactions, including the negotiation of Futures and Options Agreements and Cleared Derivatives Transactions Addenda with FCMs in connection with mandatory derivatives clearing under Dodd-Frank. Nici has also represented numerous retail clients of the firm in connection with commercial transactions and related agreements, including credit facilities, derivatives transactions, synthetic lease transactions, distribution agreements, equipment leases and other general commercial matters.
Nici has been recognized multiple times on the Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for banking and finance law.
Career highlights include:
- Representing a variety of national and regional banks and public company borrowers in connection with syndicated, multicurrency and asset-based revolving and term loan facilities
- Regularly representing financial institutions and commercial end users in connection with derivative transactions and, mostly recently, regulatory matters arising under or in connection with Title VII of Dodd-Frank, including reporting and recordkeeping, clearing and margin issues
Nici is the chair of the Vorys Women's Network. The Vorys Women’s Network is focused on the development, retention and advancement of women at the firm.
Nici received her J.D. cum laude from the University of Cincinnati College of Law, where she was a member of the Moot Court Board, and her B.A. in Economics summa cum laude from Capital University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Ruling Our eXperiences (ROX) Board of Directors, Member 2019-present
- Leadership Columbus, Class of 2018
- Capital University Alumni Advisory Board, Member, 2014-present
- President, Capital University Alumni Varsity C Association, 2016-Present
- Member, International Energy Credit Association, 2016-Present
- Community Capital Development Corporation, Former Member of the Board of Directors, 2012-2014
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Banking, 2014, 2017-2018
- 12/5/2017Vorys is pleased to announce that 56 attorneys from the firm have been named 2018 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 1/3/2017Vorys announced that Michael J. Ball, Colleen M. Devanney, J.B. Lind, Natalie M. McLaughlin, Martha Brewer Motley, Adam J. Rocco, Benjamin A. Shepler and Nancy Nicole Workman have been named partners of the firm.
- 12/2/2016Vorys is pleased to announce that 58 attorneys from the firm have been named 2017 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 12/4/2013Eighty-one attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP have been named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. 57 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyer and 24 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Rising Stars.
- 9/6/2017Vorys Partners Travis Wahl and Nici Workman were speakers at the 8th Law of Shale Plays Conference hosted by the Institute for Energy Law and The Energy & Mineral Law Foundation on September 6, 2017.
- 3/4/2015Vorys presented a Financial Institutions Summit on March 4, 2015 in Cleveland, Ohio.
- 12/4/2018Client Alert: New IRS Proposed Regulations Under Section 956 Substantially Reduce ‘Deemed Dividend’ Concerns With Respect To The Use Of Foreign Credit Support For US Corporate FinancingsOn October 31, 2018, the Internal Revenue Service and the Department of the Treasury released proposed regulations under Section 956 of the Internal Revenue Code (Proposed Regulations) that, for certain U.S. corporate shareholders, generally undo the “deemed dividend” rules that have applied to foreign corporate subsidiaries for decades.
- Winter 2016Recently five federal agencies, The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Farm Credit Administration and the Federal Housing Finance Agency (collectively, the Agencies), issued much-anticipated joint final rules (the Final Rules) that establish minimum margin and capital requirements for registered swap dealers, major swap participants, security-based swap dealers and major security-based swap participants (Swap Entities) for which one of the Agencies is the prudential regulator (Swap Entities regulated by one or more of the Agencies are referred to as Covered Swap Entities).
- 11/17/2015Recently five federal agencies, The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Farm Credit Administration and the Federal Housing Finance Agency, issued much-anticipated joint final rules that establish minimum margin and capital requirements for registered swap dealers, major swap participants, security-based swap dealers and major security-based swap participants for which one of the Agencies is the prudential regulator.
- 3/21/2014Client Alert: Dodd Frank Compliance Date for Notification of Segregation on Horizon for Swap Dealers and Major Swap ParticipantsIn November of 2013, the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) issued Final Rules on the Protection of Collateral of Counterparties to Uncleared Swaps (the Final Rules).
- April 2010
- January/February 2010