- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation Litigation
- Appellate Practice
- Business and Commercial
- Class Actions
- E-Discovery and Electronic Information Management (EIM)
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Toxic Torts
- University of California at Berkeley Boalt Hall School of Law, J.D., 1992, Order of the Coif
California Law Review, 1990-1992
- Oberlin College, B.A., 1987, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
- The Honorable William A. Ingram, United States District Court for the Northern District of California, 1992-1993
- The Honorable Susan J. Dlott, United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 1996
Nina is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the litigation practice group. She has litigation experience in a broad range of areas, including toxic tort defense, employment, contract litigation, antitrust and appellate work. She has also advised clients on the Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act.
Career highlights include:
- Serving as National Coordinating Counsel and on the national trial team for a Fortune 200 company, handling all asbestos litigation in California and other western states
- Representing eighteen retailers in a lawsuit before the Eastern District of New York alleging violations of the U.S. antitrust laws by Visa and MasterCard
- Being actively involved in supporting and defending Ohio’s asbestos reform legislation, House Bill 292
- Representing more than two dozen defendants in asbestos and benzene litigation throughout the state of Ohio. In that capacity, she represents clients in all aspects of litigation, including trial and appeal
Nina is admitted to practice in Ohio and California.
Nina has spoken on the application of House Bill 292, Ohio’s asbestos reform legislation, and appellate law matters.
Nina received her J.D. from the University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, where she was named to the Order of the Coif and was a member of the California Law Review. She received her B.A. in Russian and Soviet studies from Oberlin College and was Phi Beta Kappa.
Nina clerked for The Honorable William A. Ingram of the United States District Court for the Northern District of California and The Honorable Susan J. Dlott of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
Professional and Community Activities
- Ohio Women's Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- National Diversity Council, Member
- Goodwill Columbus, Board of Directors, 2013-present
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys, Chair Environmental Law and Toxic Tort Substantive Law Group, Vice Chair, 2009-2011; Chair 2011-2013; Vice Chair 2014-present
- Defense Research Institute, Member, 2013
- Dublin Arts Council, Board Member, 2007-2011
Honors & Awards
- Goodwill Columbus 2019 Annual Meeting, Chair's Award, 2019
- Ohio Super Lawyers, General Litigation, 2013-2015
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Top 25 Women Columbus Area Super Lawyers, 2014
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2010-2018
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, General Litigation, 2005
- Ohio Diversity Council, one of the Most Powerful & Influential Women, 2017
- 11/2/2017Nina Webb-Lawton, a partner in the Columbus office, was recently honored by the Ohio Diversity Council as one of the 2017 "Most Powerful & Influential Women.”
- 3/28/2017This year, 54 Vorys attorneys were listed in the 2017 Columbus CEO “Top Lawyers” List.
- 9/21/2016Vorys is pleased to announce that the firm’s Women’s Initiative Chair, Nina Webb-Lawton, was recently selected to join the 2016-2017 class of the Ohio Women’s Bar Foundation’s Leadership Institute.
- 12/3/2014Vorys is pleased to announce that 74 attorneys from the firm have been named 2015 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 12/4/2013Eighty-one attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP have been named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. 57 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyer and 24 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Rising Stars.
- 12/17/2012Seventy-Seven attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease have been named 2013 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 11/7/2013The Appellate Strategies and Perspectives CLE series was created to provide attorneys interested in appellate law with practical tips and tools, an analysis of emerging trends and issues in the field, and a judicial viewpoint on the practice.
- 11/11/2020Pandemic Pups. Covid Pets. Whatever name you choose, the story is the same. Quarantine and work-from-home have led thousands to become new dog owners. And, they are getting used to having their dogs with them all the time. Many of these new (and old) dog owners are going to want to bring their canine pals with them to stores, restaurants, and other venues that normally ban pets.