Current Developments in Appellate Law on the 200th Anniversary of Judicial Review in Ohio
Vorys attorneys John Kulewicz, Nina Webb-Lawton, Suzanne Richards, and Rick Schuster will be presenting on Current Developments in Appellate Law on the 200th Anniversary of Judicial Review in Ohio on September 25, 2009.
Joining them will be David Gold of the Ohio Legislative Service Commission, Alexandra Schimmer, Chief Deputy Solicitor General and the Honorable Thomas J. Moyer, Chief Justice, Supreme Court of Ohio.
The program will cover the following key topics:
- Historical Context of Judicial Review in Ohio
- Judicial Deference to Legislative Statements of Intent
- En Banc Proceedings in Ohio Appellate Courts
- Use of Extraordinary Writs to Resolve Conflicts in State Government
- Standards of Appellate Review
- The Two Hundredth Anniversary of Judicial Review in Ohio
CLE credit will be available.