Attorneys & ProfessionalsView List
- Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- Employer Internal Investigations
- Employment Litigation
- Employment Relations, Policies, and Regulatory Practice
- Affirmative Action Programs
- Covenants Not to Compete and Trade Secrets
- Drug and Alcohol Policies and Testing
- Employee Discipline and Termination
- Employment Counseling
- Employment Policies and Manuals
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Management Training
- Wage and Hour/Fair Labor Standards Act
- Whistleblower Protection
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act ("WARN")
- Workplace Harassment, Including Sexual Harassment
- Workplace Technology Policies
- Labor/Management Relations
- Workplace Safety
Vorys’ clients have a commitment to the safety and health of their employees. Employers today are challenged by the interplay of laws that regulate the work environment, employee leave requests and demands for accommodation of disability. Beyond that, the containment of state workers’ compensation liability is fundamental to the success of any business.
From brief consultations to high court litigation, Vorys lawyers tackle their clients’ workplace safety issues. Our firm offers strong experience in Ohio workers’ compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and all claims against employers related to the physical and mental health of employees.
The approach of the Vorys firm in this area is interdisciplinary, meaning that our lawyers are trained to understand the relationship between the various laws that address workplace safety and disability issues. Many Vorys workplace safety lawyers have been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America® as among the nation’s top attorneys. The combination of breadth and depth of experience provides the firm’s clients with exceptional representation on workplace safety subjects.