COVID-19 and Employment Law: Quarantining Your Employment-Related Legal Risks
COVID-19 presented challenges to employers on many fronts, not the least of which was in connection with the explosion of employment-related legal risks it presents. During this 90-minute Ohio Bankers League webinar, Vorys partner Nelson Cary reviewed what he saw for financial institutions as the more significant sources of legal risks on the employment front, including:
- Paid sick leave and extended FMLA leave under the FFCRA;
- “Regular” FMLA issues;
- Disability discrimination, accommodation, and medical information privacy issues under the ADA;
- Ohio unemployment compensation considerations;
- Workplace safety considerations and OSHA; and
- Protected, concerted activity risks.
The content also provided an overview of a financial institution’s obligations under the law and then answered some of the questions that financial institutions were asking about their obligations.