- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2018, cum laude
- Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics, Senior Submissions Editor, 2017-2018
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 2015, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Thomas is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the firm’s bankruptcy and creditor’s rights group. He represents unsecured creditors, secured creditors, trustees, creditors’ committees and other parties in interest in chapter 11 reorganization cases, chapter 7 cases and in related litigation on a national basis.
Thomas also has experience representing clients in employment discrimination, retaliation, wage and hour, accommodation and employee garnishment cases. He has counseled employers on a variety of state and federal employment laws, and has experience drafting and reviewing employment-related documents, including severance agreements and employment policies.
Thomas received his J.D. cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center, where he was a senior submissions editor of the Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics. He also represented Georgetown in alternative dispute resolution competitions as a member of the Law Center’s Barristers’ Council. He received his B.A. summa cum laude from The Ohio State University. While in law school, Thomas served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Justice Sharon L. Kennedy of the Ohio Supreme Court.
- 1/28/2019Labor and Employment Alert: Illinois Supreme Court Holds that the Biometric Information Privacy Act Does Not Require Actual InjuryCompanies in Illinois that use or collect biometric information from customers or employees must take immediate steps to ensure that they are complying with BIPA given a recent Illinois Supreme Court finding.