Since its opening, the office has been a vibrant part of the northeast Ohio legal community and currently includes 18 attorneys who focus their practices on commercial and real estate matters, corporate and securities law, health care, intellectual property, labor and employment law, and litigation.
- Our Akron team is recognized as a Tier One “Best Law Firm” by 2022 U.S. News – Best Lawyers in six practice areas: banking and finance law, commercial litigation, corporate law, litigation - intellectual property, patent law, and trademark law.
- Four Akron attorneys have been named 2022 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars by Super Lawyer Magazine in labor and employment, mergers & acquisitions, and intellectual property.
- Seven Akron attorneys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 in several practice areas including banking and finance law, corporate governance law, corporate law, bankruptcy and creditor debtor rights / insolvency and reorganization law, commercial litigation, employment law - management, economic development law, litigation - intellectual property, patent law, and trademark law. In recent years, Akron attorneys have been named Akron’s “Lawyer of the Year” in the areas of employment law - management, trademark law, corporate law, and litigation - intellectual property.
- An Akron attorney has been named an Ohio Leading Lawyer by Chambers and Partners in intellectual property.
Vorys has a distinguished tradition of public service in the Akron community. For decades, we have actively provided pro bono legal services and have received national recognition for our exceptional efforts. Our Akron lawyers are active in a number of Akron area community and charitable organizations, including the Akron Community Foundation, Akron Marathon Charitable Corporation, Akron YMCA Endowment Foundation, Court Appointed Special Advocates of Summit County, Community Hall Foundation (d.b.a. Akron Civic Theater), Greater Akron Musical Association (d.b.a. Akron Symphony), Ohio & Erie Canalway Coalition, Rotary Club of Akron, Women for Oppressed Women and Youngstown Air Reserve Base Community Council.
News & Insights
- Northeast OhioCorporate Counsel
Vorys is a full-service corporate law firm that provides business and legal counsel to public and private companies and their boards during all stages of company lifecycle. We work with a broad range of northeast Ohio-area businesses helping them grow and succeed.