- Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights
- Corporate and Business Organizations
- Financial Institutions
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 2000, cum laude
- Heiden Torah Institute, Machon Shlomo Jerusalem, Israel 1994-1996
- University of California, B.A., 1994, with honors
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Bryan is a partner in the Vorys Cleveland office where he practices financial services, creditors’ rights, and business law. He primarily represents financial institutions and servicers in restructurings, workouts, insolvency proceedings, and litigation matters.
Bryan regularly speaks at seminars on lender liability, bankruptcies, Article 9, loan restructurings and receiverships. He has been named as one of The Best Lawyers in America® in bankruptcy and creditor-debtor rights law for ten consecutive years.
Bryan spends significant time in Israel. He lived there from 1994-1996, when he completed a post-graduate program in Jewish philosophy and Talmudic law at the Heiden Torah Institute, Machon Shlomo.
Bryan received his J.D. cum laude from Case Western Reserve University School of Law and his B.A. with honors from the University of California, San Diego.
Professional and Community Activities
- Naaleh, Board of Directors
- Cleveland Chesed Center, Board of Directors
- Jewish Education Center of Cleveland, Board of Trustees, Member
- Jewish Federation of Cleveland, Young Leadership Division Business Networking Sub-Committee, Member
- Cleveland Jewish Federation, Community Planning Committee, Member
- Turnaround Management Association, Board of Directors, 2010-2014
- Mortgage Bankers Association, Litigation Sub-Committee, Member
- Young Leadership Division Business Development Committee, Co-Chair
- Mandel Symposium, Jewish Federation of Cleveland, 2007
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law, 2009-2019
- The Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy Litigation, 2013-2019
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights, 2010-2012
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Business Litigation, 2005 & 2007
- Cleveland Jewish News, "20 on the Rise" Class of 2008
- 8/15/2018One hundred and thirteen lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019.
- 8/17/2017One hundred and eight lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2018.
- 8/15/2016One-hundred and eleven lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017.
- 8/17/2015One-hundred and eighteen lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016.
- 8/18/2014One-hundred and ten lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015.
- 8/14/2013One hundred and eleven lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014.
- 7/15/2013Bryan Farkas, a partner in the Vorys Cleveland office, was one of ten attorneys selected by Crain’s Cleveland Business for the July 2013 “Who to Watch in Law” section. Farkas was selected for his dedication to his clients and for his work with the firm’s Israel practice.
- 8/23/2012One hundred and twenty-six lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013.
- 5/6/2019Vorys was proud to host a complimentary webinar series for commercial bankers. Attorneys Bryan Farkas and Carrie Brosius presented the first webinar, titled “Initial Steps to Take When a Loan Is Transferred to Workout,” on May 6, 2019.
- 4/10/2018Vorys is proud to host a webinar series highlighting important topics in the consumer finance industry. Previous webinar dates included March 15, April 10 and May 8, 2018.
- 10/26/2017The Vorys Consumer Financial Services Summit was held on October 26, 2017, in Vorys' Cincinnati office.
- 6/15/2017Several Vorys attorneys were speakers at the 2017 Consumer Financial Services Summit on June 15, 2017.
- 6/22/2016Several Vorys attorneys were speakers at the 2016 Consumer Financial Services Summit on June 22, 2016 in Columbus, Ohio.
- 2/25/2016Several Vorys attorneys were speakers at the Vorys Consumer Financial Services Summit on February 25, 2016 in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- 10/28/2015Vorys presented a Consumer Financial Services Summit on October 28, 2015 in Cleveland, Ohio.
- 3/4/2015Vorys presented a Financial Institutions Summit on March 4, 2015 in Cleveland, Ohio.
- 8/29/2017Client Alert: Time is Now for Central Ohio Property Owners to Challenge Property Tax Valuation IncreasesSeveral central Ohio auditors have recently released updated property appraisals used to determine property taxes to be paid over the next three years.
- 6/22/2017On June 20, a federal jury sitting in the Northern District of California Ramirez v. TransUnion LLC case awarded a class of 8,185 consumers the largest to date Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) verdict, consisting of $8 million in statutory damages and $52 million in punitive damages.
- 2/3/2017Client Alert: Is Your Marketing Services Agreement Really About Marketing? CFPB Takes Action Against Mortgage Lender, Mortgage Broker, And Mortgage Servicer For Illegal Kickback SchemeOn January 31, 2017, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) announced that it took action against a California mortgage lender, two real estate brokers and a mortgage servicer for violations of the anti-kickback provision of the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA).