- Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights
- Corporate and Business Organizations
- Financial Institutions
- Private Equity
- Real Estate
- Trusts, Estates, and Wealth Transfer
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 1997 cum laude
- Miami University, B.A., 1994
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Bryan is the vice managing partner of the Vorys Cleveland office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. He is a corporate attorney whose practice focuses on finance and real estate.
Bryan represents lenders in a wide range of secured and unsecured transactions, including syndicated and single bank asset-based facilities, commercial loans, subordinated debt financings and all types of commercial real estate loans. He also has substantial experience representing both public and private companies in the structuring, financing, acquisition, development, construction, leasing and disposition of retail, commercial, multi-family and industrial properties. He also assists developers in tax credit transactions. In addition, Bryan regularly counsels corporate clients on organization, capitalization, finance, mergers and acquisitions, succession planning and general corporate and governance matters.
Bryan is a member of the Association for Corporate Growth, the Commercial Finance Association, the International Council of Shopping Centers and the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties. He also is a member of the American Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association and the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association.
Bryan received his J.D. cum laude from the Case Western Reserve University School of Law and his B.A. from Miami University.
Professional and Community Activities
- First American Title Insurance Company, Board of Advisors
- United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Cleveland, Board of Directors, 2016-present
- NAIOP (National Association of Industrial and Office Properties), Member
- SFN (Secured Finance Network, formerly CFA Commercial Finance Association), Member
- ULI (Urban Land Institute), Member
- GCMBA (Greater Cleveland Mortgage Bankers Association), Member
Honors & Awards
- Client Service All-Star, BTI, 2015
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Real Estate Law, 2011
- The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2017-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America, Banking and Finance Law, 2020-2022
- 8/19/2021116 Vorys Attorneys Named to 2022 Best Lawyers in America List; 34 Vorys Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers’ “Ones to Watch” ListOne hundred and sixteen lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America® 2022 edition. In addition, 34 Vorys attorneys were named to the 2022 Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” list.
- 9/15/2020Sherwin-Williams Names Vorys as a Key Partner for its New Global Headquarters and R&D Center ProjectThe Sherwin-Williams Company today announced the key external partners it selected to build its new global headquarters in downtown Cleveland and its new R&D center in the Cleveland suburb of Brecksville. Vorys was named as legal counsel and economic development counsel.
- 8/20/2020112 Vorys Attorneys Named to 2021 Best Lawyers in America List; 26 Vorys Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers’ Inaugural “Ones to Watch” ListOne hundred and twelve lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America® 2021 edition. In addition, 26 Vorys attorneys were named to the inaugural Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” list.
- 8/15/2019One hundred and thirteen lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2020.
- 8/15/2018One hundred and thirteen lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019.
- 8/17/2017One hundred and eight lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2018.
- 8/15/2016One-hundred and eleven lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017.
- 2/20/2015Bryan Falk, a partner in the Vorys Cleveland office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group, was named to the 2015 BTI Client Service All-Star List.
- 4/22/2021Vorys attorneys Nicholas House and Bryan Falk each presented a roundtable discussion during the OH/KY/IN/MI/PA Retail Development & Law Symposium for ICSC.
- 11/8/2018On November 8, 2018, Vorys Partner Bryan Falk spoke at the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association 40th Annual Real Estate Law Institute.
- March 1-2 2018Vorys attorney Nick House presented at the 2018 ICSC Seminar; Changing the Narrative in the Age of “Fake News”: The Retail Beat Goes On. Scott Ziance and Tim Bechtold were panelists at the conference, and Ted Smith and Bryan Falk acted as moderators.
- 3/3/2017Vorys attorneys Bryan Falk Nick House, Nicholas Ray and Tom Vetter were speakers at the OH, KY, IN, MI, PA Retail Development & Law Symposium hosted by the International Council of Shopping Centers on March 3, 2017.
- 3/4/2015Vorys presented a Financial Institutions Summit on March 4, 2015 in Cleveland, Ohio.
- 3/18/2020In the event of government action due to a declared emergency such as a pandemic, performance under construction contracts may become delayed or impossible.
- 7/31/2019In the Summer 2019 edition of Development Incentives Quarterly, read about the provisions that impact state law governing economic development incentives in Ohio's Budget Bill and the changes coming to Ohio's Job Retention Tax Credit.
- 7/3/2018In the Summer 2018 edition of Development Incentives Quarterly, read our Top 10 most interesting facts about the Foxconn deal, read a recap of the Ohio Supreme Court decision on what takes priority – a TIF exemption or another exemption, and seven interesting things to know about the City of Columbus' proposed incentives policy.
- Spring 2018Vorys third annual Economic Development Incentives Conference – hosted in February – welcomed more than 160 guests from several states across the country.
- 3/23/2018In the Spring 2018 edition of Development Incentives Quarterly, read a Q&A with Chris Chung, CEO of North Carolina’s Economic Development Partnership; learn about strategies for successfully obtaining New Market Tax Credit financing; and see a recap of Vorys’ 2018 Economic Development Incentives Conference.
- 11/15/2017In the Fall 2017 edition of Development Incentives Quarterly, read a Q&A with Kenny McDonald, president and chief economic officer of Columbus 2020; learn about how the new effective date for the Ohio historic preservation tax credit certificates could cause a delay in claiming credit; and learn more about what it mean now that Illinois was reinstated and revised the EDGE Tax Credit.
- 8/9/2017In the Summer 2017 edition of Development Incentives Quarterly, learn five more common TIF misconceptions, read about the growing pains municipalities are facing with GASB 77 and find out which Ohio county auditors will complete the required six-year tax appraisal of all properties located in their counties this year.
- 4/10/2017In the Spring 2017 edition of Development Incentives Quarterly, learn five common TIF misconceptions, learn more about the two significant developments related to Ohio Historic Preservation Tax Credits that happened at the end of 2016 and read a recap of the Vorys Ohio Economic Development Incentives Conference.
- 11/15/2016In the Fall 2016 edition of Development Incentives Quarterly, learn more about Downtown redevelopment districts and about the federal New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) program.
- 8/1/2016In the Summer 2016 edition of Development Incentives Quarterly, read about the long sought-after clarification as to whether Community Reinvestment Act credit is available for Historic Tax Credit financed projects and the proposed regulations regarding so-called “50(d) income” affecting historic tax credit transactions and energy tax credit transactions.