- Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights
- Financial Institutions
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, J.D., 1994
- Principia College, B.A., 1990, with Highest Honors
Bar & Court Admissions
- Missouri (inactive)
- Illinois (inactive)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Tiffany is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and the chair of the firm’s bankruptcy and creditors’ rights practice group. She represents unsecured creditors, secured creditors, trustees, creditors’ committees and other parties in interest in chapter 11 reorganization cases, chapter 7 cases and in related litigation on a national basis and has acted as co-counsel on an international basis.
Career highlights include:
- Represents multiple, Fortune 500 public company creditors on a national basis in bankruptcy cases and related adversary proceedings.
- Co-counsel to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the In re Murray Energy Holdings Co., et al. bankruptcy case in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio (Hoffman, J.).
- Lead litigation counsel to financial institution defendant in defense of trustee fraudulent transfer and related claims seeking to avoid and recover hundreds of millions of dollars in connection with the PEAKS Loan Program in the In re ITT Educational Services, Inc. bankruptcy case in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Indiana.
- Represented largest OEM customer in the In re TK Holdings Inc. (Takata) chapter 11 bankruptcy case in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Represented senior secured creditor in In re Woodbury Outfitters chapter 11 bankruptcy case in the United States District Cout for the Southern District of Ohio (Hoffman, J.)
- Represented back up bidder in the In re Heritage Home Group LLC bankruptcy case in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Served as post-confirmation litigation counsel to plan trustee of the liquidating trust in the In re USA Discounters, Ltd. bankruptcy case pending in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- On behalf of bank defendants, successfully rebutted the presumption of insolvency at trial in a multimillion-dollar preference action in the In re American Classic Voyages bankruptcy case in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, and later obtained affirming decision from the United States District Court for the District of Delaware, resulting in zero liability for bank clients.
- Served as litigation counsel to Liquidating Trustee of the Triad Liquidating Trust in the In re Triad Resources, Inc. bankruptcy case in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Ohio.
- Routinely represents chapter 7 trustees in contested matters and adversary proceedings.
Tiffany speaks at national and regional conferences, most recently presenting on a panel at the ABI Midwest Regional Bankruptcy Seminar with Laura Davis Jones and Alpesh Amin entitled Pushing the Envelope in Chapter 11, How Far Can You Go?, addressing KEIPS and KERPs, third party releases, DIP financing, emergency sales, and a financial advisor’s perspective. She has also spoken at the at the American Bankruptcy Institute's Mid-Atlantic Bankruptcy Workshop in Hershey, Pennsylvania and to the Association of Corporate Counsel in Columbus, Ohio.
Tiffany received her J.D. from Washington University School of Law and her B.A. with highest honors from Principia College.
Professional and Community Activities
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio, Attorney Advisory Committee, Vice-Chairman of the Chapter 11 Subcommittee, 2020-present
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio, Mediation Project Committee, Member, 2020-present
- BalletMet Columbus, Board of Trustees, Member, 2011-present
- Columbus Children’s Theatre, Board of Directors, 2006-2010
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Bankruptcy, 2021
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor, 2005-2007
- 8/20/2020112 Vorys Attorneys Named to 2021 Best Lawyers in America List; 26 Vorys Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers’ Inaugural “Ones to Watch” ListOne hundred and twelve lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America® 2021 edition. In addition, 26 Vorys attorneys were named to the inaugural Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” list.
- 4/3/2020Vorys, Cobb Featured in Columbus Business First Story Titled “Staying Open Through Coronavirus? Here's What Lawyers Want You to Know”Webb Vorys and Tiffany Cobb, partners in the Vorys Columbus office, were quoted in a Columbus Business First Story titled “Staying Open Through Coronavirus? Here's What Lawyers Want You to Know.”
- 8/15/2019One hundred and thirteen lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2020.
- 1/20/2015In December 2014, Ohio Governor John Kasich signed into law Substitute House Bill No. 9, which significantly revises Ohio’s law of Receiverships. Vorys released a comprehensive analysis of the amended law.
- 6/25/2020Vorys Partners Bryan Farkas, Elia Woyt, Tiffany Cobb and Bruce Paige hosted a webinar on June 25, 2020 covering the nuts and bolts of asset purchases in bankruptcies and receiverships.
- 4/2/2020Our third multi-disciplinary webinar on the various business and legal implications of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic took place on Thursday, April 2, 2020.
- 9/9/2019Vorys was proud to host a complimentary webinar series titled “A Banker’s Guide to a Successful Commercial Loan Workout.” Attorneys Tiffany Strelow Cobb, Melissa Giberson, John Sparacino and Jeffrey Marks presented the program titled “Bankruptcy Issues” on September 9, 2019.
- 8/20/2019Vorys Partner Tiffany Cobb presented at the 2019 Midwest Regional Bankruptcy Seminar on August 20, 2019.
- 4/6/2020Commercial Landlords And Tenants Unite! CARES Act Forgivable Paycheck Protection Program Loans, EIDL Grants and MoreCommercial landlords should consider communications with commercial tenants who may be eligible for forgivable loans through the CARES Act.
- 2/17/2020"Client Alert: Bankruptcy Court Orders Denying Relief From the Automatic Stay Must Be Appealed Within 14 Days," February 17, 2020The United States Supreme Court recently made clear that bankruptcy litigation is different than most civil litigation when it unanimously held that a bankruptcy court’s order denying relief from the automatic stay is a final appealable order.
- 1/20/2015In December 2014, Ohio Governor John Kasich signed into law Substitute House Bill No. 9, which significantly revises Ohio’s law of Receiverships. Vorys today released a comprehensive analysis of the amended law. Key features of the amendments are summarized below.