- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., 1998
Northwestern University Law Review, Note and Comment Editor, 1997-1998
- Marquette University, B.S., 1993, magna cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
- The Honorable Algenon L. Marbley, United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 1999-2001
Alycia is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the litigation practice group. Alycia represents companies and individuals in a wide variety of complex litigation matters. She has significant experience in antitrust, commercial, class action, employment, and civil rights litigation.
Her notable experience includes:
- Securing a seven-figure jury verdict in a business dispute
- Multiple trials before the United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
- Arguments before the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Representing eighteen retailers in a lawsuit before the Eastern District of New York alleging violations of U.S. antitrust laws by Visa and MasterCard
Alycia received her J.D. from Northwestern University School of Law and was a Note and Comment Editor for the Northwestern University Law Review. She received her B.S. magna cum laude from Marquette University.
Alycia was a clerk for The Honorable Algenon L. Marbley, United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
Professional and Community Activities
- Star House Board of Trustees, 2019-present
- The King Arts Complex, Board of Trustees, 2018-present
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee for the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, Member
- YWCA Columbus, Board of Trustees, 2009-2018; Past-Chair, 2017-2018; Chair, 2015-2016; Chair-Elect, 2013-2014; Executive Committee, 2009-2018; Strategic Planning Committee, Chair, 2011-2014
- Federal Bar Association, Columbus Chapter, Board Member, 2012-2018, Immediate Past President, 2017-2018, President, 2016-2017; Vice President 2015-2016; Treasurer, 2014-2015; Membership Chair, 2013
- United Way of Central Ohio's Education Vision Council, 2003-2007
- Kaleidoscope Youth Coalition, Chair and Board Member, 2002-2005
- Leadership Columbus, Class of 2008
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Litigation-Securities, 2020
- Women WELDing the Way, honoree, 2017
- National Diversity Council, Glass Ceiling Award, 2011
- Columbus Business First Forty Under 40, May 2009
- Marquette University, Outstanding Senior of the Year for the College of Business Administration, 1993
- 8/15/2019One hundred and thirteen lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2020.
- 7/8/2019The rapid growth of Amazon and other online marketplaces has created a new ecosystem in which brands struggle to control their product sales. Brands now find their products sold by anonymous online sellers and face new challenges on an unprecedented scale. The eControl360 Summit is a first-of-its-kind event that will bring together thought leaders in each of the disciplines necessary to tackle these challenges and allow brands to retake control of their online sales.
- 7/6/2016Alycia Broz, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the litigation group, was selected as one of the 12 Women WELDing the Way honorees for 2017.
- 9/17/2013Broz Mentioned in Insurance Law Daily Story Titled "S.D. Ohio: Action for 'Misuse of Media Communication' was Covered Claim"Alycia Broz, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office, was mentioned in an Insurance Law Daily story regarding the decision in ACE European Group Limited v. Abercrombie & Fitch Co. The story titled, “S.D. Ohio: Action for 'misuse of media communication' was covered claim,” provided an overview of the case and the decision.
- 4/4/2013Vorys Partners Benita Kahn and Alycia Broz were quoted in a Law360 story titled “Big Retailers May Regret Moving Tracking Suits To Fed. Court.” The story was about lawsuits filed in 2010 claiming that online retailers' use of Flash cookies on visitors' computers violated consumer privacy.
- 11/6/2019The rapid growth of Amazon and other online marketplaces has created a new ecosystem in which brands struggle to control their product sales. Brands now find their products sold by anonymous online sellers and face new challenges on an unprecedented scale. The eControl360 Summit was a first-of-its-kind event that brought together thought leaders in each of the disciplines necessary to tackle these challenges and allow brands to retake control of their online sales.
- 2/7/2019Vorys Partner Alycia Broz spoke at the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio Mediation Training on February 7, 2019.
- 5/4/2018Vorys Partner Alycia Broz spoke at a United States Naturalization Ceremony at the Ohio Historical Society on May 4, 2018.
- 7/12/2017Vorys Partner Alycia Broz was a speaker at the 2017 WELD Columbus July Emerging Professionals' Series on July 12, 2017.
- 5/18/2017Vorys Partner Alycia Broz was a speaker at Women in the Courtroom hosted by the Columbus Chapter of the Federal Bar Association on May 18, 2017.
- 4/7/2017Vorys Partner Alycia Broz was a speaker at the panel presentation "Board Governance and Engagement for Emerging Leaders" hosted by Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP on April 7, 2017.
- 2/22/2017Vorys Partner Alycia Broz was a speaker at the 2017 IATA Legal Symposium on February 22, 2017.
- 5/16/2013Vorys partner Alycia Broz spoke at the YWCA Columbus Leadership Luncheon on May 16, 2013. The title of her program was The Power of Reflection.
- 4/19/2013Vorys partner Alycia Broz took part in a panel at the Women Lawyers of Franklin County April Luncheon Meeting on April 19, 2013. Her panel was titled, Women in the Boardroom Panel Discussion, and discussed the impact of women on corporate boards.
- 3/26/2020The first, in what will undoubtedly be many coverage cases, was filed on March 16th in New Orleans, Louisiana civil district court.
- 3/24/2020As part of the government’s response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, state and federal courts around the country are adjusting their operations.
- 7/5/2016Countries that have started using EMV technology have seen a reduced amount of card-present fraudulent activity. In the U.S., the major credit card issuers set an October 1, 2015 deadline for merchants to be EMV chip compliant.
- Winter 2013Alycia Broz and Robert Krummen, partners in the litigation group of the Vorys Columbus office, authored an article entitled “Flash Cookies Litigation: The Next Wave or a “Flash” in the Pan?”for the Winter 2013 edition of What’s in Store, a publication of the American Bar Association’s Section of Antitrust Law’s Consumer Protection Committee, Privacy and Information Security Committee, and Private Advertising Litigation Committee.