Department of Education Releases FAQs on CARES ACT Funding for Universities
Our team continues to track legal developments related to the COVID-19 pandemic, specifically as they relate to colleges and universities. As you know, relief efforts, employment and unemployment factors, and the much-anticipated rebound remain fluid. Here are a few recent notes of particular interest:
- The Department of Education released Frequently Asked Questions on the student portion and institutional portion of the CARES Act funding for universities.
- The Small Business Administration and the Treasury updated the Paycheck Protection Program Frequently Asked Questions, providing additional guidance to borrowers.
- President Trump issued a proclamation suspending the entry of certain immigrants into the United States for 60 days.
We hope this information is helpful, and we welcome any specific questions or concerns you may have.
- Immigration Alert: Proclamation Suspending Entry of Certain Immigrants for 60 Days
- Congress Passes Bill Extending Small Business Loan Programs and Providing Emergency COVID-19 Response Funding
- Cyberattacks on the Rise During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Virtual Board Meetings And Risk Mitigation During COVID-19