- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, J.D., 2013, with high distinction
- Ohio Northern University Law Review, editor-in-chief, 2012-2013; staff editor, 2011-2012
- University of Georgia, B.A., 2009, magna cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Erin is an associate in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the litigation group. She concentrates her practice on civil business and employment litigation in state and federal courts. Erin has experience litigating matters relating to corporate governance, contracts, employment disputes, including harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and non-compete agreements, as well as discrimination in places of public accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Erin also represents and counsels businesses in employment matters, including compliance with employment laws, employee discipline and terminations, review and development of policies and practices, and employment contracts. Erin further concentrates her practice in matters unique to colleges and universities, including faculty, staff, and student issues, as well as compliance with laws such as the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and Title IX.
Her notable experience includes:
- Defended national grocery retailer and obtained summary judgment on Section 1981 discrimination claim
- Assisted in defense and resolution of disability discrimination and website accessibility case by a student against a public university in which the Department of Justice intervened
- Assisted in defense and resolution of an age discrimination case against a large national retailer
- Assisted in defense and resolution of sexual discrimination case against a small business
- Assisted private college in management and resolution of Title IX investigations and disciplinary process related to students and fraternities
- Assisted in defense of a shareholder and directors of a closely-held corporation at trial and on appeal
- Certified Title IX Investigator by the Association of Title IX Administrators
- Serving as a law clerk for the Honorable David A. Cheney and the Honorable Richard K. Warren in the Allen County Common Pleas Court
- Serving as a legal extern for the Honorable Gregory L. Frost in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Erin earned her J.D with high distinction from the Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, where she was a member of the Willis Society. She was also the editor-in-chief of the Ohio Northern University Law Review. Erin earned her B.A. magna cum laude from the University of Georgia, where she was a member of the Varsity Equestrian Team.
Professional and Community Activities
- Cincinnati Bar Association, member
- Young Lawyer Section of the Cincinnati Bar Association, CLE Committee Co-Chair
- WELD (Women for Economic and Leadership Development), Southern Ohio Chapter Steering Committee, member and volunteer
- 10/9/2018Last year, in Doe v. University of Cincinnati, 872 F.3d 393 (6th Cir. 2017), the Sixth Circuit held that, when credibility is at issue, the Due Process Clause requires a public university to provide an accused student a hearing with an opportunity to conduct cross-examination.