- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2013, magna cum laude
- Ohio State Law Journal , managing editor, 2012-2013; staff member, 2011-2012
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 2009, cum laude, with honors and research distinction
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Kara is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the litigation practice group. Her practice focuses on land use and eminent domain litigation, antitrust advising and litigation, and general complex commercial and business litigation. She has significant experience counseling clients related to potential litigation, including litigation involving complex business transactions across varying market channels, real property, zoning, governmental appropriations, and complex contract matters. She regularly practices in federal and state courts, and has achieved favorable results for her clients in both arenas.
As part of her antitrust practice, Kara works with manufacturers and retailers on issues relating to Minimum Advertised Pricing policies and Resale Price Maintenance. She advises clients regarding vertical pricing issues and how business clients can structure their relationships with distributors and retailers to avoid violations of the Sherman, Clayton, and Robinson Patman Act.
Her notable experience includes:
- Successfully defending and obtaining summary judgment on copyright infringement claims and obtaining an attorneys fees award resulting from same
- Obtaining jury verdicts and settlements on behalf of landowners in eminent domain litigation
- Assisting in the preparation of multiple jury trials in real property and complex business litigation matters
- Negotiating successful resolutions of pre- and post-lawsuit matters on behalf of clients ranging from individuals to national companies
- Advising national retail clients on drafting and implementing Minimum Advertised Pricing policies and Resale Price Maintenance policies
- Serving as a judicial extern for the Honorable Michael H. Watson in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Serving as a judicial extern for the Honorable Kimberly Cocroft in the Franklin County Court of Common Pleas
Kara is a member of the Ohio Women's Bar Association.
Kara received her J.D. magna cum laude from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, where she was a managing editor of the Ohio State Law Journal. She received her B.A. cum laude with honors and research distinction from The Ohio State University.
- 10/25/2013Vorys Welcomes New Associates to Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Akron and Washington, D.C. OfficesVorys is pleased to welcome nine new associates to the firm. Angelyne Lisinski, Michael Shoenfelt, Kara Singleton and Thomas Vetter have joined the Columbus office; Katherine Barrett and Megan Westenberg have joined the Cincinnati office; Hyun (Eric) Yoon has joined the Cleveland office; Andrew Guran has joined the Akron office and William M.R. Barrett has joined the Washington, D.C. office.
- 9/4/2019Vorys Attorney Kara Mundy was a panelist at the 10th Law of Shale Plays Conference on September 4, 2019.
- 8/23/2019Vorys Attorneys Kara Mundy and Ken Rubin presented a webinar at the Category Management Association (CMA) on August 23, 2019.
- 5/9/2018Pricing, Promotions and Your Antitrust Exposure: What you Need to Know About the Robinson-Patman ActOn May 9, 2018, Vorys Partner Ken Rubin and Associate Kara Mundy presented the webinar, Pricing, Promotions and Your Antitrust Exposure: What you Need to Know About the Robinson-Patman Act.
- 10/23/2019Client Alert: Jury Clears 5-Hour Energy of Liability for Antitrust Violations, But the Damage Is DoneOn October 21, 2019, a jury found that the maker of 5-Hour Energy – Living Essentials LLC – did not violate the Robinson-Patman Act when it offered Costco lower wholesale prices and instant rebates that it didn’t make available to other resellers.