- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2013, magna cum laude
- Ohio State Law Journal , managing editor, 2012-2013; staff member, 2011-2012
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 2009, cum laude, with honors and research distinction
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Kara is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office, a member of the antitrust subgroup, and a member of the litigation practice group. Her practice focuses on antitrust advising and litigation, land use and eminent domain litigation, and general complex commercial and business litigation. Kara also has experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in antitrust class action litigation.
She has significant experience counseling clients on antitrust issues related to price fixing, no-poach, no-hire and non-solicitation arrangements, compliance, competitive bidding, and mergers and acquisitions. As part of her antitrust practice, Kara works with manufacturers and retailers on issues relating to Minimum Advertised Pricing policies and Resale Price Maintenance. She advises clients regarding vertical pricing issues and how business clients can structure their relationships with distributors and retailers to avoid violations of the Sherman, Clayton, and Robinson-Patman Acts. She regularly trains executives and sales teams on competition issues and how companies can structure their business operations and communications to lower their antitrust risk.
As part of her work on behalf of clients who are navigating competition and marketplace issues, Kara represents a Fortune 500 company bringing price gouging and Lanham Act, and state law corollary claims against unauthorized sellers of counterfeit products. She has experience obtaining preliminary and permanent injunctive relief, seizure orders, and judgments against bad actors in the marketplace, particularly those markets that have seen increased activity as a result of the global pandemic.
With respect to Kara’s land use and general complex commercial litigation practice, Kara has represented clients and litigated disputes involving real property, zoning approvals and denials, governmental appropriations, complex contracts, and breach of fiduciary duties. She regularly practices in federal and state courts, and has achieved favorable results for her clients in both arenas.
Her notable experience includes:
- Representing a contact lens seller in defending a class action alleging antitrust claims related to keyword bidding
- Representing a government contractor in defending a class action alleging antitrust claims related to purported no-poach and no-hire agreements
- Obtaining a seizure order and preliminary injunctive relief under the Lanham Act against a seller of counterfeit products
- Successfully defending and obtaining summary judgment on copyright infringement claims and obtaining an attorneys fees award resulting from same
- Advising national retail clients on drafting and implementing Minimum Advertised Pricing policies and Resale Price Maintenance policies
- Obtaining a jury verdict in excess of $3 million in a case involving a breach of fiduciary duties
- Obtaining jury verdicts and settlements on behalf of landowners in eminent domain litigation
- Assisting in the preparation of multiple jury trials in real property and complex business litigation matters
- Negotiating successful resolutions of pre- and post-lawsuit matters on behalf of clients ranging from individuals to national companies
Kara served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Michael H. Watson in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio and as a judicial extern for the Honorable Kimberly Cocroft in the Franklin County Court of Common Pleas.
Kara received her J.D. magna cum laude from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, where she was a managing editor of the Ohio State Law Journal. She received her B.A. cum laude with honors and research distinction from The Ohio State University.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation, 2022
- 8/19/2021116 Vorys Attorneys Named to 2022 Best Lawyers in America List; 34 Vorys Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers’ “Ones to Watch” ListOne hundred and sixteen lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America® 2022 edition. In addition, 34 Vorys attorneys were named to the 2022 Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” list.
- 12/17/2020Vorys is pleased to announce that 31 attorneys from the firm have been named 2021 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 7/31/20203M Sues Seller Who Charged Grossly Inflated Prices for N95 Respirators and Falsely Advertised a Relationship With 3MA new Ohio lawsuit, filed by a team of Vorys lawyers, is part of 3M’s global effort to combat fraud and price gouging and help protect the public against those exploiting the demand for critical products during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 10/25/2013Vorys Welcomes New Associates to Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Akron and Washington, D.C. OfficesVorys is pleased to welcome nine new associates to the firm. Angelyne Lisinski, Michael Shoenfelt, Kara Singleton and Thomas Vetter have joined the Columbus office; Katherine Barrett and Megan Westenberg have joined the Cincinnati office; Hyun (Eric) Yoon has joined the Cleveland office; Andrew Guran has joined the Akron office and William M.R. Barrett has joined the Washington, D.C. office.
- 9/4/2019Vorys Attorney Kara Mundy was a panelist at the 10th Law of Shale Plays Conference on September 4, 2019.
- 8/23/2019Vorys Attorneys Kara Mundy and Ken Rubin presented a webinar at the Category Management Association (CMA) on August 23, 2019.
- 5/9/2018Pricing, Promotions and Your Antitrust Exposure: What you Need to Know About the Robinson-Patman ActOn May 9, 2018, Vorys Partner Ken Rubin and Associate Kara Mundy presented the webinar, Pricing, Promotions and Your Antitrust Exposure: What you Need to Know About the Robinson-Patman Act.
- 9/9/2021Ken Rubin, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office, and Kara Mundy, an associate in the Vorys Columbus office, co-authored LexisNexis Practical Guidance Practice Note on the Robinson-Patman Act (RPA).
- 10/23/2019Client Alert: Jury Clears 5-Hour Energy of Liability for Antitrust Violations, But the Damage Is DoneOn October 21, 2019, a jury found that the maker of 5-Hour Energy – Living Essentials LLC – did not violate the Robinson-Patman Act when it offered Costco lower wholesale prices and instant rebates that it didn’t make available to other resellers.