- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2015
- The Ohio State Law Journal, managing editor, 2014-2015
- Gonzaga University, B.A., 2012, magna cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Chris received his J.D. from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where he was the managing editor of the Ohio State Law Journal and a co-founder of The Ohio State Energy Law Society. He received a dual Bachelor's degree in finance and political science, magna cum laude from Gonzaga University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Skating Association for the Blind and Handicapped, volunteer
- St. Aloysius Youth Athletic program, golf, basketball and baseball coach
- International Thespian Society, member and former chapter president
- 10/30/2015Vorys is pleased to welcome seven new first-year associates to the firm. Christopher LaRocco joined the Columbus office; Lauren Brown, Timothy Dougherty and Laura Erdman joined the Cincinnati office; Natalia Cabrera joined the Cleveland office; and Andrew Gordon-Seifert and Brian Simmons joined the Akron office.
- 11/14/2018Vorys hosted a webinar series highlighting important topics in the consumer finance industry on November 14, 2018.
- 10/23/2018Vorys hosted a webinar series highlighting important topics in the consumer finance industry on October 23, 2018.
- 5/8/2018Vorys is proud to have host a webinar series highlighting important topics in the consumer finance industry. Webinar dates included March 15, April 10 and May 8, 2018.
- 9/21/2017Chris Ingram and Chris LaRocco spoke at the 2017 Cybersecurity Days at The Ohio State University on September 21, 2017. They discussed the legal and regulatory requirements of cybersecurity.
- Winter 2019Financial Service Representatives Added to the List of Mandatory Reporters under Ohio’s Elder Abuse LawDoctors, nurses, social workers, and first responders are the types of professionals thought of when it comes to reporting elder abuse.
- 10/31/2018Canada’s new mandatory breach-notification requirements in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) take effect on November 1, 2018.
- 1/4/2018Financial Services Alert: Key Updates: Financial Institutions, Websites and the Application of the Americans with Disabilities ActOver the past year, various plaintiff-side law firms sent aggressive demand letters on behalf of activist organizations and individuals to financial institutions – typically community banks – asserting that the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) applies to websites.
- 8/25/2017Client Alert: NIST Guidelines Expanded to Include ‘Internet of Things’ Devices and Systems in the Private SectorThe National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) recently released an updated draft of its Special Publication (SP) 800-53, Security and Privacy Controls for Information Systems and Organizations that sets forth cybersecurity guidance for securing devices and software commonly referred to as the “internet of things.” The draft represents NIST’s latest attempt to produce a unified information security framework for the federal government that is now also bleeding into the private sector.
- 6/15/2017Client Alert: Historic Win for Plaintiff in First Ever ADA Public Accommodations Website Accessibility TrialThis week a federal judge in Florida passed down one of the most historic ADA website accessibility decisions to date, finding that Winn-Dixie was liable under Title III of the ADA because its website was inaccessible.