- Boston College Law School, J.D., 2011
- Middlebury College Russian Language School, Advanced Russian Immersion Program, 2008
- The Colorado College, B.A., 2005
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Maureen is an associate in the Vorys Pittsburgh office and a member of the technology and intellectual property group. She focuses her practice on trademark law, copyright law, brand protection, and eCommerce as part of the Vorys eControl group. She handles matters related to trademark prosecution, trademark infringement and internet traffic diversion. Maureen has additional experience drafting consent and coexistence agreements and trademark licenses, as well as counseling clients on a variety of issues related to intellectual property rights.
Maureen has experience working in Copenhagen dealing with international brand enforcement throughout the EU and Scandinavia specifically, and handled trademark registration and protection before the EUIPO. She also has a background in EU law and data protection.
Maureen is fluent in Danish and Russian, and spent two years teaching English as a second language in Moscow, Russia prior to attending law school.
Maureen received her J.D. from Boston College Law School, where she was a member of the International Law Society. She received her B.A. from The Colorado College.
- 11/3/2021In the second episode of the Vorys IP podcast, host Jeremy Harrison, a partner in the Vorys Houston office, is joined by Maureen Kelly, an associate in the Vorys Pittsburgh office, as they the discuss the basics of trademark law.
- 1/29/2021Vorys Advises Worthington Industries, Inc. with Acquisition of Business Segment from General Tools & Instruments Company LLCVorys recently advised Worthington Industries, Inc. in connection with the acquisition by its Pressure Cylinders segment of General Tools & Instruments Company LLC (General Tools), a provider of feature-rich, specialized tools in various categories including environmental health & safety, precision measurement & layout, home repair & remodel, lawn & garden and specific purpose tools.
- 7/8/2019The rapid growth of Amazon and other online marketplaces has created a new ecosystem in which brands struggle to control their product sales. Brands now find their products sold by anonymous online sellers and face new challenges on an unprecedented scale. The eControl360 Summit is a first-of-its-kind event that will bring together thought leaders in each of the disciplines necessary to tackle these challenges and allow brands to retake control of their online sales.
- 8/28/2017The College of Law Practice Management, an international organization that recognizes excellence in law practice management, announced today that Vorys was a recipient of a 2017 InnovAction Award. Vorys was one of just two recipients of this year’s award.
- 11/6/2019The rapid growth of Amazon and other online marketplaces has created a new ecosystem in which brands struggle to control their product sales. Brands now find their products sold by anonymous online sellers and face new challenges on an unprecedented scale. The eControl360 Summit was a first-of-its-kind event that brought together thought leaders in each of the disciplines necessary to tackle these challenges and allow brands to retake control of their online sales.
- 7/1/2020Intellectual Property Alert: Supreme Court Decision Sheds Light on Examination of .COM Trademark ApplicationsOn June 30, 2020 the United States Supreme Court ruled in Patent and Trademark Office v. Booking.com B.V. that the travel website company Booking.com could register a trademark in its name BOOKING.COM.