- Energy and Utilities
Intellectual Property, Entertainment, and Technology Protection
- Audits and IP Policies
- Branding and Trademarks
- International Protection for Intellectual Property
- Patents, Inventions, and Technology Protection
- Trade Secrets and Confidentiality
- Franklin Pierce Law Center, JD, cum laude, 2007
- Brigham Young University, BS, 2004
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Jeremy is a partner in the Vorys Houston office and member of the technology and intellectual property group. He advises clients on intellectual property matters, including patent and trademark law. Jeremy has experience preparing and prosecuting foreign and domestic patent applications in the mechanical, electrical, computer and chemical fields. In addition, he has extensive experience with foreign and domestic trademark prosecution and procurement. In recent years, Jeremy has assisted clients with patent related issues with downhole tools used in the oil and gas industry, as well as with medical devices, turbomachinery, pumps, compressors, separators, bearings and seals
Jeremy received his J.D. cum laude from Franklin Pierce Law Center, where he was a senior articles editor for the Pierce Law Review. While in law school, Jeremy served as a full-time judicial intern for the Honorable Lynn N. Hughes in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas. He received his B.S. in mechanical engineering from Brigham Young University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, Member, 2017
Honors & Awards
- The Legal 500, 2016
- 1/25/2017Vorys announced that a team of four AmLaw 50 patent lawyers and their staff have joined the firm’s Houston office. Carey Jordan, Iona Kaiser and Jeremy Harrison will join as partners and Donna Haynes will join as of counsel.
- 6/26/2018Intellectual Property Alert: Patent Owners Can Obtain Damages for Lost Sales in Foreign JurisdictionsThe U.S. Supreme Court reversed a Federal Circuit decision dealing with patent damages for lost sales in foreign jurisdictions. WesternGeco LLC v. Ion Geophysical Corp., 586 U.S. ____ (June 22, 2018), Case No. 16-1011 (Thomas J). The Court concluded that U.S. patent owners can get damages from overseas sales lost through infringement.
- 4/4/2018Intellectual property (IP) attorneys (both in-house and outside counsel) are increasingly turning to outsourcing and offshoring to complete many patent-related tasks, such as prior art searches, patent drafting, formalizing patent drawings, and general patent prosecution.
- 4/3/2018Vorys Partners Carey Jordan and Jeremy Harrison co-authored an article for the April 2018 edition of Texas Lawyer titled “Intelligently Managing Company Patent Spend.”
- 2/22/2018Carey Jordan and Jeremy Harrison, partners in the Vorys Houston office, authored an article for IP Law360 titled “Tips For Reassessing Company Patent Strategies.”
- 12/19/2017In today’s tumultuous global economy, in-house intellectual property (IP) attorneys and managers are tasked with effectively protecting company innovation while facing ever-dwindling budgets.
- 9/7/2017Jeremy Harrison, a partner in the Vorys Houston office and a member of the intellectual property and technology group, authored an article for the Houston Business Journal titled “What Startups Should Know About Intellectual Property.”
- 7/7/2017Jeremy Harrison, a partner in the Houston office, and Thomas Thrash, a patent agent in the Houston office, co-authored an article for IP Law360 Titled "Effective Utilization Of The Patent Prosecution Highway."