- Western State University College of Law, J.D., 2006
- St. Lawrence University, B.A., 2001
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Adam is a partner in the firm’s Orange County office and a member of the litigation group. His practice focuses on high-stakes litigation in both federal and state courts. Adam has represented international, national, and local clients of all sizes in a wide spectrum of litigation matters including, but not limited to, commercial litigation, complex business disputes, financial services litigation, creditors’ rights, corporate shareholder and partnership disputes, labor and employment, and trade secret litigation. His litigation matters have covered a variety of industries, including financial institutions, the automotive industry, construction and real estate.
Notable experience includes:
- Obtained a $1.3 million judgment in federal court on behalf of an international industrial gas manufacturing client against a commercial meat processing company in connection with a commercial contract dispute.
- On behalf of an industrial manufacturing client, successfully defeated a $4,000,000 breach of contract and fraud action in connection with the lease of commercial food processing equipment and the supply of industrial carbon dioxide.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a client in the construction rental industry after prevailing at trial on a specific performance action in connection with the enforcement of a stock repurchase obligation against the estate of a majority shareholder.
- Represented a national retail chain in connection with several ADA violation related actions, including two national class actions regarding ADA website compliance.
- On behalf of a bank client, successfully defeated a $35 million claim for violation of The Bank Holding Company Act and claims for fraud on summary judgment arising out of a $1 billion real estate development project.
- Obtained a $2.6 million summary judgment against a real estate developer on behalf of a bank client in connection with a breach of a commercial loan obligation.
- Obtained a $2.8 million judgment after a trial involving multiple consolidated cases and cross-claims in a commercial real estate dispute between a lender and real estate developer.
- Obtained a $5.5 million summary judgment on behalf of a lender against a guarantor who guaranteed a multi-million loan secured by real property in connection with a residential real estate development project in Riverside County.
- Served as lead counsel on the work-out of a $500 million loan portfolio that was acquired by a bank client through a FDIC asset purchase, which involved numerous separate legal actions in state, federal, and bankruptcy courts throughout California.
- Obtained a $3.5 million verdict after a multi-week bench trial on behalf of a bank client in connection with fraud and breach of contract claims arising out of a loan participation agreement with another bank.
- Obtained a $3.7 million verdict after a multi-week bench trial on behalf of a bank client in connection with a breach of contract claim arising out of a loan participation agreement with another bank.
- Obtained a defense verdict after a trial involving a breach of contract claim in connection with the purchase and sale of a $14 million residence in Laguna Beach, CA.
- Obtained a judgment of dismissal for an automotive dealership association in a multi-million dollar wrongful death action after prevailing on a motion for summary judgment.
- Obtained a judgment of dismissal for an automotive dealer in a products liability case after prevailing on a motion for summary judgment.
Before he began law school, Adam spent several years working in project management in the construction industry. His experience in this particular industry gives him a valuable understanding of the business issues that can drive litigation, including contractual and commercial disputes, financing and real estate-related issues.
Adam is a member of the California Bar Association and its Business and Real Property sections. He is also a member of the Orange County Bar Association and the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association.
Adam earned his J.D. from Western State University College of Law and his B.A. from St. Lawrence University.
- 6/8/2021Vorys announced today that experienced litigator Adam Hamburg joined the firm’s California office as a partner. His practice focuses on high-stakes litigation in both federal and state courts.
- 4/8/2022Perhaps the most significant change in decades to Ohio real property tax valuation contests has been adopted by the Ohio General Assembly and was signed into law by Governor DeWine on April 21, 2022.
- 3/2022Covering real property taxation across the United States
- 3/2022Taxpayers seeking to contest real property tax values established by assessing jurisdictions across the country often have a short window of opportunity to contest their new valuation.
- Fall 2021