Jason is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the firm’s technology and commercial transactions practice. His practice includes assisting businesses structure technology transactions and safeguard intellectual property as well as working on general copyright and entertainment law issues. He has extensive experience in software licensing and development agreements, telecommunications services agreements, advertising and promotional agreements, website development and hosting agreements, technology services and outsourcing agreements.
Career highlights include:
- Assisting corporate clients in negotiating the terms of enterprise-wide voice and data telecommunications services agreements with major industry vendors, including AT&T, Verizon and Sprint
- Structuring and negotiating major retailers’ digital (including mobile) advertising and promotional agreements such as advertising agency agreements, digital insertion orders, influencer agreements, spokesperson agreements and promotional event and appearance agreements
- Assisting a large hospital client in acquiring electronic medical records management software and related services to implement the system across the entire health care network
- Assisting a natural gas and electricity supplier in negotiating the terms governing the development, implementation and hosting of a web-based customer referral tracking platform
- Drafting form agreements for a major retailer to secure services of models and other professional talent in conjunction with a national marketing campaign, and negotiating with the talent’s representative on the client’s behalf
Jason is a member of the Columbus Bar Association.
Jason has presented a seminar regarding blogs in the workplace.
Jason received his J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School and his B.A. cum laude from The Ohio State University.
Honors & Recognitions
Columbus CEO, Best Lawyers, Information Technology Law, 2022-2023
Professional & Community Activities
Edheads, Board of Directors, 2007 to present
News & Insights
Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2000
The Ohio State University, B.A., cum laude, 1997
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.