- Information Technology, New Media and Advertising
- Intellectual Property, Entertainment, and Technology Protection
- Privacy & Data Security
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2000
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 1997, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
Jason is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the technology and intellectual property group. His practice includes assisting businesses structure technology transactions and safeguard intellectual property as well as working on general copyright and entertainment law issues. He has extensive experience in software licensing and development agreements, telecommunications services agreements, advertising and promotional agreements, website development and hosting agreements, technology services and outsourcing agreements.
His notable experience includes:
- Assisting corporate clients in negotiating the terms of enterprise-wide voice and data telecommunications services agreements with major industry vendors, including AT&T, Verizon and Sprint
- Structuring and negotiating major retailers’ digital (including mobile) advertising and promotional agreements such as advertising agency agreements, digital insertion orders, influencer agreements, spokesperson agreements and promotional event and appearance agreements
- Assisting a large hospital client in acquiring electronic medical records management software and related services to implement the system across the entire health care network
- Assisting a natural gas and electricity supplier in negotiating the terms governing the development, implementation and hosting of a Web-based customer referral tracking platform
- Drafting form agreements for a major retailer to secure services of models and other professional talent in conjunction with a national marketing campaign, and negotiating with the talent’s representative on the client’s behalf
Jason is a member of the Columbus Bar Association.
Jason has presented a seminar regarding blogs in the workplace.
Jason received his J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School and his B.A. cum laude from The Ohio State University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Edheads, Board of Directors, 2007–present
- 5/14/2015Vorys attorneys Robin Canowitz, Jason Elvers, Jonathan Ishee and Lisa Reisz were presenters at the 2015 HIPAA/HIT Summit: What You Need to Know Now hosted by Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP on May 14, 2015.
- 4/30/2015Vorys attorneys Craig Auge, Jason Elvers, Chris Ingram, John Landolfi and Eric Whisler presented at the Advertising & Marketing Law 2015 CLE hosted by the Central Ohio Chapter – Association of Corporate Counsel on April 30, 2015.
- 12/3/2013Vorys attorneys Craig Auge, Anker Bell, Jason Elvers and Eric Whisler spoke at the Technology and Software Seminar hosted by GBQ Partners on December 3.
- 12/3/2013Most businesses use music in some capacity to create the right ambiance, draw a crowd or even to pacify holding telephone customers. The right music can influence purchasing decisions, how fast patrons at a restaurant eat and how satisfied customers feel in their dealings with your business. For these reasons, music is a valuable asset to your business. However, it is also a valuable asset to those that create it.