Vorys has a strong and well-established paralegal program. We give our paralegals challenging work that allows them to use their full set of skills and allows the firm to provide excellent legal representation for our clients.
At Vorys, paralegals, estate accountants and practice group assistants are assigned to specific practice areas and work primarily on matters in their area. We view paralegals as professionals who are an integral part of the team that provides legal services for our clients. They routinely work directly with attorneys and clients and are entrusted with significant responsibilities, like managing large projects, contributing to strategic decisions and providing insightful content and context.
We hire individuals who have a four-year bachelor's degree or who have completed a paralegal program approved by the American Bar Association. We then supplement their existing skills through continued training. The firm pays for continuing legal education that is relevant to each paralegal's practice area and encourages active participation in paralegal professional organizations and local and state bar associations.
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
For current paralegal openings, please click here.
The Firm offers a comprehensive benefits package to its eligible employees and their qualifying dependents and contributes significantly to the cost of benefits. The Firm's benefit package includes:
- Medical Insurance (multiple options);
- Dental Insurance;
- Vision Insurance;
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account;
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account;
- Life Insurance for the employee, spouse, and children;
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance;
- Long-Term Care Insurance for the employee and adult family members;
- Short-Term Disability Salary Continuation;
- Long-Term Disability Insurance; and
- 401(k) Retirement & Profit Sharing Plan.
Several work/life benefits are also offered to assist employees in finding balance in their professional and personal lives. These benefits include, but aren't limited to:
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Sick Leave;
- Personal Days;
- Holidays (national and designated); and
- Maternity Leave.
If you are interested in the paralegal program contact:
Bridgett S. Klingbeil
Director of Paralegals/Litigation Paralegal
52 East Gay Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215