- Capital University Law School, J.D., 2012, cum laude
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 2007, cum laude, with honors
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Anna is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group.
Prior to joining Vorys, Anna worked as an attorney examiner/administrative law judge at the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio/Ohio Power Siting Board. In this role, she oversaw an active case docket of more than 80 cases involving electric, gas, power siting, transportation, and telecommunications matters. Her role required her to review case filings to determine appropriate course of action; resolve procedural and discovery issues; conduct mediations; conduct local and evidentiary hearings and review testimony and evidence; research pertinent legal issues; analyze applicable statutes and administrative rules; and draft proposed entries and orders.
Anna is a board member of the Women Lawyers of Franklin County, where she serves as the organization’s diversity chair. In addition, she serves as a member of the Ohio State Bar Association’s Advisory Committee on Diversity & Inclusion. Anna is also a board member of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Central Ohio and volunteer with the Legal Aid Society of Columbus.
Anna received her J.D. cum laude from Capital University Law School, where she was a member of the Order of the Curia. She received her B.A. cum laude and with honors from The Ohio State University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Central Ohio, board member, 2012-present
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus, volunteer, 2013-present
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County, board member and diversity chair, 2018-present,
- Ohio State Bar Association, Advisory Committee on Diversity & Inclusion, member, 2019-present
Honors & Awards
- Columbus CEO Magazine, Future 50, 2021 Class
- Volunteer of the Year, YWCA Columbus, 2019
- 10/29/2020Anna Sanyal participated in a panel session on diversity and inclusion in the workplace for the Women’s International Network of Utility Professionals.