- Capital University Law School, J.D., 2012, cum laude
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 2007, cum laude, with honors
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Anna is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group.
Prior to joining Vorys, Anna worked as an attorney examiner/administrative law judge at the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio/Ohio Power Siting Board. In this role, she oversaw an active case docket of more than 80 cases involving electric, gas, power siting, transportation, and telecommunications matters. Her role required her to review case filings to determine appropriate course of action; resolve procedural and discovery issues; conduct mediations; conduct local and evidentiary hearings and review testimony and evidence; research pertinent legal issues; analyze applicable statutes and administrative rules; and draft proposed entries and orders.
Anna is a board member of the Women Lawyers of Franklin County, where she serves as the organization’s diversity chair. In addition, she serves as a member of the Ohio State Bar Association’s Advisory Committee on Diversity & Inclusion. Anna is also a board member of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Central Ohio and volunteer with the Legal Aid Society of Columbus.
Anna received her J.D. cum laude from Capital University Law School, where she was a member of the Order of the Curia. She received her B.A. cum laude and with honors from The Ohio State University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Central Ohio, board member, 2012-present
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus, volunteer, 2013-present
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County, board member and diversity chair, 2018-present,
- Ohio State Bar Association, Advisory Committee on Diversity & Inclusion, member, 2019-present
Honors & Awards
- Columbus CEO Magazine, Future 50, 2021 Class
- Volunteer of the Year, YWCA Columbus, 2019
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Energy & Resources, 2022
- 1/4/2022Vorys is pleased to announce that 42 attorneys from the firm have been named either 2022 Ohio Super Lawyers or Rising Stars.
- 3/2/2021Vorys Attorney Anna Sanyal and Bridget Tharp of the Mid-Ohio Food Collective have begun to pursue a project which would provide Ohio families with access to fresh produce 24/7.
- 2/4/2021Vorys attorney Anna Sanyal was named to named to Columbus CEO’s Future 50 Class of 2021.
- 1/26/2022Vorys attorney Anna Sanyal will be a panelist during a 2022 Kephart Fisher Virtual Business of Law Conference session titled "A Public-Private Legal Career: Challenges, Opportunities, and Ethics."
- 12/2021National Security Update: Protecting America’s Critical Infrastructure from Cyberattacks at the NAPABA Annual ConferenceVorys attorney Anna Sanyal moderated a panel at the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association’s annual conference in Washington, D.C. titled “National Security Update: Protecting America’s Critical Infrastructure from Cyberattacks”.
- 10/7/2021Vorys attorney Anna Sanyal presented during a webinar for the Columbus Bar Association titled "Tips and Tricks for Transitioning from Private Practice to Government and Vice Versa."
- 7/14/2021Vorys attorney Anna Sanyal participated in a panel discussion for Women for Economic and Leadership Development (WELD) titled "Maximizing the Power of a Multigenerational Workforce."
- 6/30/2021Vorys attorney Anna Sanyal spoke on a panel for the New Leaders Council titled "Progressive Leadership in 2021: Why Mentorship Matters." The mayor of Dayton Ohio, Nan Whaley joined her on the panel.
- 6/30/2021Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Legal Profession: An Introduction for Summer Associates & Law ClerksVorys attorney Anna Sanyal participated in a panel discussion for the Legal Aid Society of Columbus titled "Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Legal Profession."
- 10/29/2020Anna Sanyal participated in a panel session on diversity and inclusion in the workplace for the Women’s International Network of Utility Professionals.