Lauren is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the labor and employment group. She concentrates her practice on counseling employers in both employment and traditional labor law matters. Lauren assists employers with complying with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the National Labor Relations Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and other federal and state employment laws. Lauren has assisted defending employers against employment lawsuits that include claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour violations, and breach of contract. Lauren has represented clients in court, before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Ohio Civil Rights Commission, the Kentucky Commission on Human Rights, and similar state agencies throughout the country.
Notable experience includes:
- Assisted in defense and resolution of a breach of contract case against a small business
- Assisted in developing health and safety manual for a large manufacturer
- Part of a team that won summary judgment for a government contractor in a case involving the Equal Pay Act
- Represented multiple, public-sector employers in various arbitrations related to union membership
Lauren completed a U.S. District Court clerkship with the Honorable Charles R. Simpson III, Western District of Kentucky.
Lauren received her J.D. magna cum laude from the Duke University School of Law, where she was an executive editor of the Duke Journal of Gender Law & Policy. While in law school, Lauren served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Joe L. Webster and for The Duke University Office of Counsel. She received her B.A. summa cum laude from Duke University.
Honors & Recognitions
The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, Labor and Employment Law – Management, 2021-2024
Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Labor & Employment, 2023
Professional & Community Activities
Human Resources Association of Central Ohio, Member
News & Insights
- Labor and Employment Law Institute
- Authored article
Duke University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
Duke University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2013
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
- The Honorable Charles R. Simpson III, United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, 2016-2017