Martha is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the litigation practice group. Her practice focuses on complex business, commercial, contract litigation and Vorys eControl. She has significant experience in counseling large commercial clients related to potential litigation, the collection and review of e-discovery productions, and general best business practices.
As part of the Vorys eControl team, Martha counsels businesses on issues related to eCommerce and online brand protection, combating illegal online sales and development legal claims against unauthorized online sellers.
Martha also assists clients in the collection and review of e-discovery productions. She works with clients to understand how their information is stored and retrieved across their electronic systems and has opposed e-discovery requests on the grounds of undue burden and cost. Martha also has experience assisting clients in the collection and review of electronically stored documents in response to subpoenas by a federal agency.
Her notable experience includes:
- Serving as second chair in a two-week trial, securing $11.6 million verdict in favor of client
- Serving as second chair in over ten bench and jury trials and multi-day preliminary injunction hearings in both state court and federal district court
- Serving on team successfully representing a group of land owners in original mandamus action before Ohio Supreme Court and securing jury verdicts in favor of land owner clients up to four times the original offer from the condemnor
- Serving as in house counsel in months-long secundments at two Fortune 50 companies
- Serving on a team to defeat a class action involving a FCRA claim before the United States Southern District of Ohio
- Serving on a team involving a pending Consumer Sales Practices Act class certification in the Franklin County Common Pleas Court
Martha received her J.D. magna cum laude from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where she was a member of the Order of the Coif and president of the student bar association. She received her B.A. from Miami University.
Honors & Recognitions
Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, General Litigation, 2013-2022
Michael E. Moritz Leadership Award, 2007-2008 and 2006-2007
The Ohio State University Outstanding Professional Student Award, 2007
Professional & Community Activities
Nationwide Children's Hospital Black Tie Ball, Chairperson, 2011, 2012; Member 2009-2017
Adjunct Professor, Moritz College of Law, The Ohio State University “Pretrial Litigation” Spring 2022 to present
News & Insights
The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2008
Miami University, B.A., 2005
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.