- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 2017
- University of New Hampshire, Ph.D., Earth and Environmental Sciences, 2014
- University of New Hampshire, M.S., 2010
- University of Vermont, B.S., 2005, summa cum laude, with honors
Bar & Court Admissions
- New Hampshire
- District of New Hampshire
Nat Morse is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the energy and environmental group. Prior to his legal career, he spent ten years in the environmental consulting and academic sectors. Combining this background with his legal experience, Nat helps clients navigate complex state and federal environmental matters. In his legal practice, he has helped clients mange environmental law disputes in various administrative judicial proceedings, and in state and federal courtrooms.
Notable Experience Includes:
- Challenging a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers permit to bury a transmission line across a sensitive New Hampshire estuary under both NEPA and the Clean Water Act.
- Assisting a major international alternative energy developer gain approval to construct the first utility-scale solar project in New Hampshire.
Nat is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association.
Nat earned his J.D. from the Boston University School of Law, where he was a member of the Energy and Environmental Law Society. He earned his Ph.D. and M.S. from the University of New Hampshire. Nat received his B.S. summa cum laude with honors from the University of Vermont, where he was Phi Beta Kappa.
Prior to joining Vorys, Nat was an associate at a law firm in Concord, New Hampshire.
Professional and Community Activities
- Environmental Law Institute, Emerging Leaders Initiative, 2019-2020
- American Bar Association, Member, 2017-2020
- Second Start, Board Secretary, 2018-2020
- Granite United Way, Merrimack County Community Impact Committee, Member, 2018-2020
Honors & Awards
- New Hampshire Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Environmental, 2020
- 6/11/2021Vorys Advises Worthington Industries, Inc. in Acquisition from Affiliates of MiddleGround Capital, LLCVorys recently advised Worthington Industries, Inc. in connection with the acquisition by its Steel Processing business segment, along with its 55% consolidated joint venture TWB Company, LLC, of certain assets of the Shiloh Industries U.S. BlankLight® business, a provider of laser welded solutions.
- 1/21/2021On January 20, 2021, USEPA issued its Final Guidance Memorandum on how permitting authorities should apply the United States Supreme Court’s recent decision in County of Maui v. Hawaii Wildlife Fund within the NPDES permitting process.
- 11/10/2020On November 4, New Jersey joined eight other states with a statewide ban on single-use plastic bags.