- Miami University, B.A., 2008
Jen is Vorys’ marketing and communications manager and works in the firm’s Columbus office. As part of her position, she manages the firm’s public relations efforts. Jen also assists Vorys clients with strategic communications, crisis communications and public relations matters. She has supported clients in a variety of industries, including financial services, health care, higher education, energy, pharmaceutical and not-for-profits.
Jen is a former public radio reporter and has several years of experience in public relations and crisis communications. While leading crisis communications for the Ohio Department of Health, she responded to sensitive media issues and advised and educated leaders of 126 local departments. Jen is a proven, quick-thinking spokeswoman who has experience crafting messages on behalf of clients.
Notable experience includes:
Crafting a media statement, customer letters, website statement, talking points, and call center scripts for a health care provider involved in a large data breach
- Advising an Ohio-based university on strategic communications issues related to a government relations success
- Developing a media response strategy and talking points for administrators of a high school following a disagreement between the school and a state athletic association
- Assisting a health care client who erroneously reported a data breach to the government with the response to media inquiries
- Preparing communication to shareholders and customers on behalf of bank executives
- Drafting and executing a media strategy to promote a forum hosted by one of the firm’s clients
- Training lawyers, business professionals and government officials on media response protocol and interview essentials
Jen is a member of the Public Relations Society of America Central Ohio Chapter and currently serves as a member of the Chapter's Board of Trustees. She previously served as the co-chair of the Chapter's News Committee.
Jen has spoken at The Ohio State University on crisis communications. She has also given presentations on media relations and social media to several organizations including the Association of Ohio Health Commissioners.
Jen received her B.A. from Miami University, where she was one of 20 graduating seniors to receive the President’s Distinguished Service Award. She also holds an Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) from the Universal Accreditation Board.
Jen is not licensed to practice law in any state and does not provide legal services.
Professional and Community Activities
- Stonewall Columbus, Board of Trustees, Member, 2017-present
- The Legacy Fund of the Columbus Foundation, Board Member, 2013-present; Grants Committee, Chair, 2016-2018
- Public Relations Society of America Central Ohio Chapter, Board of Directors, 2017-present; News Committee, Co-Chair 2015-2017; Member 2014-present
- Transit Columbus, Founding Member, 2013-present
- Miami University Foundation, Class Agent (2008), 2008-present
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Central Ohio Chapter, Halfway to St. Patrick's Day Planning Committee, Member, 2012-2016
Honors & Awards
- John J. Gilligan Young Democrat of the Year Award, The Ohio Democratic Party, 2014
- 5/23/2018Jen House, the firm’s marketing and communications manager, presented at NEW Leadership 2018.
- 5/1/2018On May 1, 2018 Vorys Partner Natalie McLaughlin and Marketing and Communications Manager Jen House led a training on crisis preparation and response for members of the Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Ohio.
- 5/24/2017Jen House presented at NEW Leadership 2017. NEW Leadership Ohio is a residential summer institute program of The Ohio State University John Glenn College of Public Affairs.
- 5/25/2016Jen House presented at NEW Leadership 2016. NEW Leadership Ohio is a residential summer institute program of The Ohio State University John Glenn College of Public Affairs.
- 4/14/2015Rob Phillips and Jen House, members of the Vorys strategic communications practice, presented "Crisis Communications - Strategic Planning and Critical Thinking" at The Ohio State University on April 14, 2015.
- 2/19/2016We understand that incoming calls from reporters and media outlets can be scary. It’s natural to not want to comment and, instead, ignore the reporter’s call.