Jen is Vorys’ senior manager of marketing and communications and works in the firm’s Columbus office. As part of her position, she manages the firm’s public relations efforts. Jen also assists Vorys clients with strategic communications, crisis communications and public relations matters. She has supported clients in a variety of industries, including financial services, health care, higher education, energy, pharmaceutical and not-for-profits.
Jen is a former public radio reporter and has several years of experience in public relations and crisis communications. While leading crisis communications for the Ohio Department of Health, she responded to sensitive media issues and advised and educated leaders of 126 local departments. Jen is a proven, quick-thinking spokeswoman who has experience crafting messages on behalf of clients.
Notable experience includes:
Crafting a media statement, customer letters, website statement, talking points, and call center scripts for a health care provider involved in a large data breach
- Advising an Ohio-based university on strategic communications issues related to a government relations success
- Developing a media response strategy and talking points for administrators of a high school following a disagreement between the school and a state athletic association
- Assisting a health care client who erroneously reported a data breach to the government with the response to media inquiries
- Preparing communication to shareholders and customers on behalf of bank executives
- Drafting and executing a media strategy to promote a forum hosted by one of the firm’s clients
- Training lawyers, business professionals and government officials on media response protocol and interview essentials
Jen is an active member of the Public Relations Society of America and its Central Ohio Chapter. In addition, she has spoken at The Ohio State University on crisis communications. She has also given presentations on media relations and social media to several organizations including the Association of Ohio Health Commissioners and the Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Ohio.
Jen received her B.A. from Miami University, where she was one of 20 graduating seniors to receive the President’s Distinguished Service Award. She also holds an Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) from the Universal Accreditation Board.
Jen is not licensed to practice law in any state and does not provide legal services.
Honors & Recognitions
Distinguished Service Award, Ohio Young Democrats, 2020
Young Democrat of the Year Award, Franklin County Democratic Party, 2019
John J. Gilligan Young Democrat of the Year Award, The Ohio Democratic Party, 2014
Professional & Community Activities
Great Minds, formerly known as Roll and Roll Over Brain Cancer, Board Member, 2022-Present
The Legacy Fund of the Columbus Foundation, Secretary, 2021-present; Grants Committee, Chair, 2016-2018; Board Member, 2013-present
Stonewall Columbus, Board of Trustees, Member, 2017-2019
Public Relations Society of America Central Ohio Chapter, Board of Directors, 2017-2020; News Committee, Co-Chair 2015-2017; Member 2014-present
Transit Columbus, Founding Member, 2013-present
Miami University Foundation, Class Agent (2008), 2008-present
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Central Ohio Chapter, Halfway to St. Patrick's Day Planning Committee, Member, 2012-2016
News & Insights
- NEW Leadership Ohio 2022
- Crisis Preparation and Response for Campus Leaders
- Crisis Communications - Strategic Planning and Critical Thinking
- Authored articleSpring 2019
- Client alert