2019 Vorys Economic Development Incentives Conference
Vorys hosted its fourth annual Economic Development Incentives Conference on February 22, 2019 in Columbus, Ohio. The half-day program explored trends and best practices regarding economic development incentives for developers, companies and community leaders.
The presenters from Vorys were Aaron Berke, Kelly Bissinger, Joseph Mann, Jacinto Núñez, Elizabeth T. Smith, Ted Smith, Jill Tangeman, Scott Ziance, Jon Stock, Chris Knezevic and Jen House. These professionals co-presented with economic development and incentives leaders from the public and private sectors.
The following topics were discussed throughout the day:
- Federal qualified opportunity zone transaction requirements, including recent Treasury guidance and the economics of qualified opportunity zone transactions
- Perspective into best practices from a state development agency chief counsel, a public relations professional/former state agency spokesperson and outside legal counsel to business point of view
- First hand experiences helping communities secure large economic development projects
- Roundtable perspectives on negotiating incentives agreements
- The recent corporate headquarters site selection and incentives negotiation process from beginning through completion
- Common non-tax/non-public finance issues arising in connection with projects receiving incentives
- How changing careers, employers or both can change perspective
Click here to learn more about the event and to be added to the mailing list for the 2020 conference.