- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2014, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Ohio State Law Journal, staff editor, 2012–2013; managing editor, 2013–2014
- John Carroll University, B.A., 2008, summa cum laude; M.Ed., 2009
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
- The Honorable Algenon L. Marbley, United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 2016-2017
Jocelyn is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the labor and employment group. She handles a broad range of labor and employment law matters for employers in various industries. Jocelyn represents employers in discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, and wage-and-hour litigation in state and federal courts across the country. Jocelyn also represents employers before numerous local, state, and federal administrative agencies.
In addition, Jocelyn counsels employers on compliance with state and federal employment laws, employee discipline and termination, internal complaints and investigations, and maintaining compliant employment policies.
Her notable experiences include:
- Defending retailers in complex wage-and-hour class action litigation nationwide.
- Obtaining dismissal for employer of Title VII, ADA, and state-law tort claims in federal court.
Jocelyn also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Algenon L. Marbley in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
Jocelyn received her J.D. magna cum laude from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where she was a member of the Order of the Coif and a managing editor of the Ohio State Law Journal. Jocelyn received her B.A. and M.Ed. summa cum laude from John Carroll University.
Before attending law school, Jocelyn taught U.S. history at St. Ignatius in Cleveland and at St. Francis DeSales in Columbus.
- 10/31/2014Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to welcome nine new first-year associates to the firm.