- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2014, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Ohio State Law Journal, staff editor, 2012–2013; managing editor, 2013–2014
- John Carroll University, B.A., 2008, summa cum laude; M.Ed., 2009
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
- The Honorable Algenon L. Marbley, United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 2016-2017
Jocelyn is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the labor and employment group. She handles a broad range of labor and employment law matters for employers in various industries. Jocelyn represents employers in discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, and wage-and-hour litigation in state and federal courts across the country. Jocelyn also represents employers before numerous local, state, and federal administrative agencies.
In addition, Jocelyn counsels employers on compliance with state and federal employment laws, employee discipline and termination, internal complaints and investigations, and maintaining compliant employment policies.
Her notable experiences include:
- Defending retailers in complex wage-and-hour class action litigation nationwide.
- Obtaining dismissal for employer of Title VII, ADA, and state-law tort claims in federal court.
Jocelyn also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Algenon L. Marbley in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
Jocelyn received her J.D. magna cum laude from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where she was a member of the Order of the Coif and a managing editor of the Ohio State Law Journal. Jocelyn received her B.A. and M.Ed. summa cum laude from John Carroll University.
Before attending law school, Jocelyn taught U.S. history at St. Ignatius in Cleveland and at St. Francis DeSales in Columbus.
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Labor and Employment Law - Management, 2021
- 8/20/2020112 Vorys Attorneys Named to 2021 Best Lawyers in America List; 26 Vorys Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers’ Inaugural “Ones to Watch” ListOne hundred and twelve lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America® 2021 edition. In addition, 26 Vorys attorneys were named to the inaugural Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” list.
- 10/31/2014Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to welcome nine new first-year associates to the firm.
- 10/12/2020Vorys was proud to host a weeklong virtual program providing insights and updates for HR professionals from October 12-15, 2020.