- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2019
- Ohio State Law Journal, managing editor
- Ohio University, B.S., 2016, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Matt is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the corporate group.
He is a member of the Columbus Bar Association and the Hispanic National Bar Association
Matt received his J.D. from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where he was a managing editor for the Ohio State Law Journal. He received his B.S. summa cum laude from Ohio University.
- 1/23/2020Vorys recently advised M/I Homes, Inc. in connection with its Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $400 million aggregate principal amount of 4.950% senior notes due 2028.
- 11/13/2019Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is pleased to welcome nine new first-year associates to the firm. Matt Gutierrez, Amanda Miggo, Francisco Rolon and Gretchen Rutz joined the Columbus office; Jacob Bartlett, Megan Hurd and Stephen Self joined the Cincinnati office; Anne Hurd and Cauley Simmons joined the Cleveland office; and Reed Fryar and Joseph Markell joined the Houston office.
- 3/25/2020With the vast uncertainty generated by the COVID-19 pandemic, one of the immediate challenges that Ohio’s financial institutions must confront, especially at this time of year, involves how to handle their annual shareholder or member meetings.