Matt is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the corporate group. His practice focuses on representing both public and private companies in corporate and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, securities, periodic reporting and disclosure (Form 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K reporting and proxy statement disclosure), corporate governance and general corporate matters. Additionally, Matt counsels clients in general business matters, including the formation of business entities and the drafting and negotiation of business contracts and commercial agreements.
Representative transactions include:
- Representing American Nitrile in connection with a $105 million investment from Orion Infrastructure Capital
- Representing M/I Homes, Inc. in connection with its Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $300 million aggregate principal amount of 3.950% senior notes due 2030
- Representing Worthington Industries, Inc. in connection with the acquisition of certain assets of the Shiloh Industries U.S. BlankLight® business
- Representing Worthington Industries, Inc. in connection with the acquisition of General Tools & Instruments Company LLC
- Representing M/I Homes, Inc. in connection with its Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $400 million aggregate principal amount of 4.950% senior notes due 2028
- Representing First Financial Bancorp. in connection with its registered offering of $150 million aggregate principal amount of 5.25% fixed-to-floating rate subordinated notes due 2030
- Representing Park National Corporation in connection with its underwritten public offering of $175 million aggregate principal amount of 4.50% fixed-to-floating rate subordinated notes due 2030
- Representing Safelite Group, Inc. in its acquisition of numerous regional vehicle glass repair and replacement companies located across the United States
- Representing a U.K.-based public company and its U.S. subsidiaries in numerous multi-million dollar U.S. acquisitions and general business and corporate governance matters
- Representing a New York-based private equity fund in numerous multi-million dollar portfolio company acquisitions across the United States
Matt is a member of the Columbus Bar Association and the Hispanic National Bar Association.
Matt received his J.D. from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where he was a managing editor for the Ohio State Law Journal. He received his B.S. summa cum laude from Ohio University.
News & Insights
- Client alert
- Authored article
- Client alert
The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2019
Ohio State Law Journal, Managing Editor
Ohio University, B.S., summa cum laude, 2016
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.