- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2019
- Ohio State Law Journal, managing editor
- Ohio University, B.S., 2016, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Matt is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the corporate group. His practice focuses on representing both public and private companies in corporate and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, securities, periodic reporting and disclosure (Form 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K reporting and proxy statement disclosure), corporate governance and general corporate matters. Additionally, Matt counsels clients in general business matters, including the formation of business entities and the drafting and negotiation of business contracts and commercial agreements.
Matt’s career highlights include:
- Representing M/I Homes, Inc. in connection with its Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $400 million aggregate principal amount of 4.950% senior notes due 2028.
- Representing First Financial Bancorp. in connection with its registered offering of $150 million aggregate principal amount of 5.25% fixed-to-floating rate subordinated notes due 2030.
- Representing Park National Corporation in connection with its underwritten public offering of $175 million aggregate principal amount of 4.50% fixed-to-floating rate subordinated notes due 2030.
- Representing Safelite Group, Inc. in its acquisition of numerous regional vehicle glass repair and replacement companies located across the United States.
- Representing a U.K.-based public company and its U.S. subsidiaries in numerous multi-million dollar U.S. acquisitions and general business and corporate governance matters.
- Representing a New York-based private equity fund in numerous multi-million dollar portfolio company acquisitions across the United States.
Matt is a member of the Columbus Bar Association and the Hispanic National Bar Association.
Matt received his J.D. from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where he was a managing editor for the Ohio State Law Journal. He received his B.S. summa cum laude from Ohio University.
- 8/26/2021Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP recently advised M/I Homes, Inc. in connection with its Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $300 million aggregate principal amount of 3.950% senior notes due 2030.
- 6/11/2021Vorys Advises Worthington Industries, Inc. in Acquisition from Affiliates of MiddleGround Capital, LLCVorys recently advised Worthington Industries, Inc. in connection with the acquisition by its Steel Processing business segment, along with its 55% consolidated joint venture TWB Company, LLC, of certain assets of the Shiloh Industries U.S. BlankLight® business, a provider of laser welded solutions.
- 1/29/2021Vorys Advises Worthington Industries, Inc. with Acquisition of Business Segment from General Tools & Instruments Company LLCVorys recently advised Worthington Industries, Inc. in connection with the acquisition by its Pressure Cylinders segment of General Tools & Instruments Company LLC (General Tools), a provider of feature-rich, specialized tools in various categories including environmental health & safety, precision measurement & layout, home repair & remodel, lawn & garden and specific purpose tools.
- 1/23/2020Vorys recently advised M/I Homes, Inc. in connection with its Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $400 million aggregate principal amount of 4.950% senior notes due 2028.
- 11/13/2019Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is pleased to welcome nine new first-year associates to the firm. Matt Gutierrez, Amanda Miggo, Francisco Rolon and Gretchen Rutz joined the Columbus office; Jacob Bartlett, Megan Hurd and Stephen Self joined the Cincinnati office; Anne Hurst and Cauley Simmons joined the Cleveland office; and Reed Fryar and Joseph Markell joined the Houston office.
- 2/9/2021It is becoming more common for sellers to insert provisions into a purchase agreement that require the buyer to disclaim reliance on any extra-contractual representations and warranties made by a seller to a buyer.
- 1/12/2021Even in the midst of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) staff continued to update and streamline disclosure requirements applicable to public reporting companies.
- 3/25/2020With the vast uncertainty generated by the COVID-19 pandemic, one of the immediate challenges that Ohio’s financial institutions must confront, especially at this time of year, involves how to handle their annual shareholder or member meetings.