- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2011, cum laude
- Michigan Journal of Race and Law, Contributing Editor, 2010-2011
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2006, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Blake is a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the Vorys eControl group. His practice focuses on brand protection, product diversion and Vorys eControl. He handles matters related to helping manufacturers and brands address the problems and harness the opportunities created by e-commerce and the rise of online marketplaces. Blake’s experience involves the development of custom programs for companies confronting unauthorized sales on the internet and then implementing and enforcing such programs.
Blake has significant experience developing strategies to assist companies with product distribution issues, including pricing, product diversion, unauthorized importation of grey market goods, and counterfeit sales. Blake also designs complete enforcement strategies for his clients, utilizing investigation, technology, and legal tools to implement efficient enforcement programs to identify and remove online sellers.
Additionally, Blake has extensive experience handling complex commercial litigation, including matters arising out of unlawful online conduct. He has obtained successful outcomes for his clients involving the sale of grey market products, misleading online marketing, the removal of false statements and false website reviews, and trademark infringement.
Blake received his J.D. cum laude from the University of Michigan Law School, where he was the contributing editor for the Michigan Journal of Race and Law. He received his B.A. cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania.
Professional and Community Activities
- Cincinnati Public Schools / Be the Change Program, Tutor, 2012-2014
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Intellectual Property, 2018-2020
- 12/17/2020Vorys is pleased to announce that 31 attorneys from the firm have been named 2021 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 1/2/2020Vorys is pleased to announce that Cory Catignani, Brent Craft, Blake Finney, Liam Gruzs, Rex Miller II, Sachiyo Peterson and Anthony Spina became partners on January 1, 2020.
- 12/9/2019Vorys is pleased to announce that 39 attorneys from the firm have been named 2020 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 7/8/2019The rapid growth of Amazon and other online marketplaces has created a new ecosystem in which brands struggle to control their product sales. Brands now find their products sold by anonymous online sellers and face new challenges on an unprecedented scale. The eControl360 Summit is a first-of-its-kind event that will bring together thought leaders in each of the disciplines necessary to tackle these challenges and allow brands to retake control of their online sales.
- 12/5/2018Vorys is pleased to announce that 48 attorneys from the firm have been named 2019 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 12/5/2017Vorys is pleased to announce that 56 attorneys from the firm have been named 2018 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 8/28/2017The College of Law Practice Management, an international organization that recognizes excellence in law practice management, announced today that Vorys was a recipient of a 2017 InnovAction Award. Vorys was one of just two recipients of this year’s award.
- 2/19/2020Vorys Attorneys Daren Garcia, Blake Finney and Chris LaRocco spoke at an eCommerce Consortia meeting on February 19, 2020.
- 11/6/2019The rapid growth of Amazon and other online marketplaces has created a new ecosystem in which brands struggle to control their product sales. Brands now find their products sold by anonymous online sellers and face new challenges on an unprecedented scale. The eControl360 Summit was a first-of-its-kind event that brought together thought leaders in each of the disciplines necessary to tackle these challenges and allow brands to retake control of their online sales.
- 3/11/2021On Wednesday, March 10th, the House passed the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, the third major federal COVID-19 relief act following the CARES Act and the December 2020 Consolidated Appropriations Act. President Biden is expected to sign it into law Friday.
- 12/27/2020Late on December 27, the President signed a $900 billion relief package that will provide aid to individuals and businesses still struggling with the economic impact of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Both the House and the Senate passed the proposal last week.
- 2/14/2017Cybersquatting generally refers to “bad faith registration of another’s trademark in a domain name.” It often involves registering a domain name with the intent to either: A) sell the domain back to the owner of the mark, or B) divert customers to a competing website/company.
- 10/27/2016Unauthorized sales are causing issues for many companies across numerous industries. In highly competitive spaces, such as the beauty or skin care industries, a common (but much less talked about) issue affecting many of these same companies is traffic diversion.
- 9/9/2016Now-popular online marketplaces like eBay have made consumer-to-consumer e-commerce possible. Today, it is getting even easier through “flea market” and consignment shop-style apps, which pride themselves on the ease with which people can shop for and sell products.