- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2011, cum laude
- Michigan Journal of Race and Law, Contributing Editor, 2010-2011
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2006, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Blake is an associate in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the technology and intellectual property group. His practice focuses on brand protection, product diversion and online seller enforcement. He handles matters related to product diversion, trademark infringement, internet traffic diversion and online reputation attacks. Blake also has extensive experience handling complex commercial litigation, including cases involving the False Claims Act, insurance disputes and banking. Blake represents large corporations, small businesses and individuals in both state and federal courts.
Notable experience includes:
- Obtaining court orders resulting in the removal of false statements and false reviews from various websites and Google’s search indices relating to businesses and high profile business employees
- Obtaining the removal of unauthorized products being sold online
- Successfully defending appeal of $1.6 million judgment against commercial loan guarantor, including oral argument before the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Representing banking client in complex, multi-jurisdictional litigation involving over thirty plaintiffs
- Successfully defending banking client’s status as first priority secured creditor in disputed bankruptcy proceeding
- Successfully resolving numerous cases involving competing claimants to insurance proceeds
Blake received his J.D. cum laude from the University of Michigan Law School, where he was the contributing editor for the Michigan Journal of Race and Law. He received his B.A. cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania.
Professional and Community Activities
- Cincinnati Public Schools / Be the Change Program, Tutor, 2012-2014
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Intellectual Property, 2018-2019
- 12/5/2018Vorys is pleased to announce that 48 attorneys from the firm have been named 2019 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 12/5/2017Vorys is pleased to announce that 56 attorneys from the firm have been named 2018 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 8/28/2017The College of Law Practice Management, an international organization that recognizes excellence in law practice management, announced today that Vorys was a recipient of a 2017 InnovAction Award. Vorys was one of just two recipients of this year’s award.
- 2/14/2017Cybersquatting generally refers to “bad faith registration of another’s trademark in a domain name.” It often involves registering a domain name with the intent to either: A) sell the domain back to the owner of the mark, or B) divert customers to a competing website/company.
- 10/27/2016Unauthorized sales are causing issues for many companies across numerous industries. In highly competitive spaces, such as the beauty or skin care industries, a common (but much less talked about) issue affecting many of these same companies is traffic diversion.
- 9/9/2016Now-popular online marketplaces like eBay have made consumer-to-consumer e-commerce possible. Today, it is getting even easier through “flea market” and consignment shop-style apps, which pride themselves on the ease with which people can shop for and sell products.