- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, J.D., 2012, with high distinction
- Ohio Northern University Law Review, associate editor
- Wittenberg University, B.A., 2009, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Zach is an associate in the Columbus office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. His practice focuses on commercial finance matters, representing both lenders and large corporate borrowers in a wide range of financing transactions including syndicated loan facilities, asset-based lending facilities, acquisition financings, structured and mezzanine financings, and other secured and unsecured loan facilities.
Zach also regularly represents financial institutions and commercial end-users in connection with over-the-counter derivative transactions under the ISDA Master Agreement, including the drafting and negotiation of related Schedules and Annexes, and various regulatory matters in connection with derivative transactions. He also has experience assisting clients in preparing franchise disclosure documents and in obtaining state franchise registrations.
Zach received his J.D. with high distinction from the Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, where he was an associate editor for the Ohio Northern University Law Review and a member of the Willis Society. He received his B.A. summa cum laude from Wittenberg University.
- 12/28/2018Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP recently advised Greif, Inc. in its $2.475 billion credit facility and $500 million Notes offering.
- 11/14/2018Vorys recently advised Air Transport Services Group (ATSG) connection with its acquisition of Omni Air International, a Tulsa-based services carrier.
- 7/28/2017Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP recently advised Worthington Industries, Inc. in connection with its underwritten public offering of $200 million aggregate principal amount of its 4.300% Notes due 2032.
- 6/4/2015Vorys Advises A. Schulman, Inc. in Connection with Acquisition of HGGC Citadel Plastics Holdings, Inc.Vorys recently advised A. Schulman, Inc. in connection with senior secured credit facilities provided by a group of lenders led by JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. as Administrative Agent in connection with its acquisition of HGGC Citadel Plastics Holdings, Inc. (Citadel) for the purchase price of $800 million.
- 7/30/2019Vorys partner Nici Workman and associate Zach Brumfield will host a webinar titled, “LIBOR Discontinuance: What You Need To Know,” on July 30, 2019.
- 5/16/2019On May 16, 2019, Vorys hosted the program, Trust & Ethics in the Age of Technology, in partnership with the Northeast Ohio Association of Corporate Counsel.
- 4/25/2019On April 25, 2019, Vorys hosted the program, Trust & Ethics in the Age of Technology, in partnership with the Central Ohio Association of Corporate Counsel.
- 4/13/2016Vorys attorney Zach Brumfield was a speaker at Wittenberg University’s Finance Roundtable on April 13, 2016.
- 11/20/2018Earlier this month, Ohio legislation became effective that removes doubt as to the enforceability of electronic signatures, records, and contracts that are secured through blockchain technology. The amendment makes Ohio one of only a few states to expressly identify blockchain technology in its laws – positioning Ohio as a blockchain-friendly state for a technology, around which both regulatory and business uncertainty loom due to its infancy and breadth of potential applications.
- 11/17/2015Recently five federal agencies, The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Farm Credit Administration and the Federal Housing Finance Agency, issued much-anticipated joint final rules that establish minimum margin and capital requirements for registered swap dealers, major swap participants, security-based swap dealers and major security-based swap participants for which one of the Agencies is the prudential regulator.
- 3/21/2014Client Alert: Dodd Frank Compliance Date for Notification of Segregation on Horizon for Swap Dealers and Major Swap ParticipantsIn November of 2013, the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) issued Final Rules on the Protection of Collateral of Counterparties to Uncleared Swaps (the Final Rules).
- Fall 2013The Future of the Commodity Futures Market: How Customer Segregated Accounts Can Be Better Protected From Insolvent Futures Commission MerchantsZachary Brumfield, a staff attorney in the Vorys Columbus office, authored an article for the Fall 2013 edition of the John Marshall Law School Global Markets Law Journal. His article focused on possible strategies to protect customer segregated accounts from insolvent futures commission merchants.
- 3/2013The “Short Cut” To The Stabilization of the Underwater Housing Market: How the New FHFA Short Sale Guidelines Promote Economic EfficiencyZachary Brumfield, a staff attorney in the Vorys Columbus office, authored an article for the March 2013 edition of the Real Estate Law Journal. The article focused on how the new FHFA short sale rules promote economic efficiency.