Brian is an associate in the corporate group in the Cincinnati office. His practice focuses on representing both public and private companies in corporate and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, securities, periodic reporting and disclosure (Form 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K reporting and proxy statement disclosure) and corporate governance.
Representative transactions include:
- Representing multiple New York based private equity funds in various portfolio company investments throughout the United States
- Representing NASDAQ-listed Air Transport Services Group, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Omni Air International for $845 million
- Representing Jones Fish Hatcheries & Distributors in its acquisitions of Aqua Services, Wisconsin Lake & Pond Resource and Advanced Technical Aquatic Control
- Representing First Financial Bancorp. in its $110 million acquisition of Bannockburn Global Forex, LLC
- Representing the Sherwin-Williams Company in its acquisition of Tennant Coatings, a national cleaning equipment and coatings systems manufacturer
- Representing the Sherwin-Williams Company in its acquisition of Randolph Products, a manufacturer of military specification and general industrial products
- Representing Tailored Brands, Inc., and its subsidiary, The Men's Wearhouse, Inc., in the sale of its corporate apparel business to a group led by the existing U.K. corporate apparel executive team
- Represented Civista Bancshares, Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Civista Bank, in the acquisition of all of the issued and outstanding shares of capital stock of Vision Financial Group, Inc., a privately-held, independent, full-service equipment leasing and financing company headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Representing NASDAQ-listed Air Transport Services Group, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of PEMCO World Air Services, Inc.
- Representing a national industrial coatings manufacturer in a $50.1 million leveraged dividend recapitalization
- Representing American Savings Bank in its merger with Valley Central Bank
- Representing ASB Financial Corp. in its sale to Peoples Bancorp Inc.
- Representing Home City Financial Corporation in its sale to Richwood Bancshares, Inc.
- Representing a national fraternal organization in the restructuring of the corporate governance structure of various business entities throughout the country
Brian is a member of the Cincinnati Association for Corporate Growth.
Brian received his J.D. and Law & Business Certificate from Vanderbilt University Law School, where he was a notes editor for the Vanderbilt Law Review. He received his B.S.B.A. in Finance and Economics with highest honors from the University of Louisville.
Honors & Recognitions
The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, Corporate Law, 2023-2024; Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2023-2024
Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Corporate and Business, 2023
News & Insights
- Client alert
- Authored articleFall 2022
- Authored articleSummer 2022
- Winter 2022
- Summer 2021
- Spring 2021
- Authored article
- Authored articleSummer 2020
- Authored articleWinter 2020
- Client alert
- Authored articleFall 2016
Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2017
Law & Business Certificate
Vanderbilt Law Review, Notes Editor, note published
University of Louisville, B.S.B.A, Highest Honors, 2014
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.