- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Financial Institutions
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation Litigation
- Appellate Practice
- Business and Commercial
- Class Actions
- Consumer Finance
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Government Investigations
- Intellectual Property
- Securities, Shareholder Disputes and Corporate Governance
- Trust and Estate Litigation
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2004, magna cum laude
- Yale University, B.A., 2000
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- Various Federal Courts
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
- The Honorable Harry T. Edwards, U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, 2004-2005
Raj is a partner in the Vorys Cleveland office and a member of the litigation group. He has experience in a wide range of complex business matters, including in the areas of securities fraud, antitrust, shareholder derivative actions, M&A litigation, banking litigation, commercial contract disputes, business torts, trademark infringement, and claims under the bankruptcy code.
Recent Representative Experience:
- Representing a Fortune Global 2000 company in earn-out litigation relating to its acquisition of a domestic business unit
- Counseling a large national bank regarding potential liabilities arising from its sale and securitization of mortgage loans and representing it in negotiations with counter-parties to settle those liabilities
- Representing a medical practice in asserting claims against a seller who walked away from a purchase agreement to acquire the practice
- Representing a Fortune 500 company in a real-estate dispute affecting the site of its corporate headquarters
- Representing a Fortune 500 financial institution in defense of securities litigation arising out of its underwriting of mortgage-backed securities
- Representing a public-company retailer in achieving dismissal of securities-fraud claims arising out of the company’s disclosures relating to its prospects following a large acquisition
- Representing a municipality in litigation against a developer involving financial disputes relating to a large mixed-use development
- Defending a steel-processing company against trade-secret claims arising out of its hiring of employees who previously worked at a competitor
- Advising companies on distribution and e-commerce channel structures and agreements designed to protect brand value and leading comprehensive enforcement programs against unauthorized sellers
- Successfully prosecuting trademark-infringement actions by leading consumer-product manufacturers against unauthorized sellers
- Representing a “Big Four” public accounting firm in defense of a securities fraud class action alleging accounting fraud at an audit client
- Advising a public company’s board of directors regarding its evaluation of acquisition proposals and representing the directors in shareholder litigation relating to their approval of a going-private transaction
- Representing a public specialty-chemicals company in an arbitration arising out of its divestiture of a manufacturing division
- Representing a Fortune 100 conglomerate in achieving dismissal of price-discrimination claims under the Robinson-Patman Act
Raj received his J.D. magna cum laude from the New York University School of Law, where he was named a Pomeroy Scholar and a Butler Scholar and was an articles editor of the New York University Law Review. He received his undergraduate degree from Yale University.
Before joining Vorys, Raj practiced for several years as an associate at Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP in New York. Prior to that, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Harry T. Edwards at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. Before attending law school, Raj served as a Special Assistant to the Cabinet Secretary in the White House.
Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP (2005-2009)
Professional and Community Activities
- Judge John M. Manos Inn of Court
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Chair of the Litigation Section (2016-2017)
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, 2020 Fellow
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Asian American Bar Association of Ohio
- Yale Alumni Association of Cleveland, Board of Trustees (2012-2018)
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Litigation, 2014-2015
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- 7/8/2019The rapid growth of Amazon and other online marketplaces has created a new ecosystem in which brands struggle to control their product sales. Brands now find their products sold by anonymous online sellers and face new challenges on an unprecedented scale. The eControl360 Summit is a first-of-its-kind event that will bring together thought leaders in each of the disciplines necessary to tackle these challenges and allow brands to retake control of their online sales.
- 12/3/2014Vorys is pleased to announce that 74 attorneys from the firm have been named 2015 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 9/5/2014Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP recently advised R.G. Barry Corporation in its sale to MRGB Hold Co., an affiliate of Mill Road Capital.
- 1/1/2014Vorys is pleased to announce that Rajeev K. Adlakha, Patrick M. Hagan, Joseph W. Harper, Megan L. Hoelle, Laura A. Kulwicki, Kenneth J. Rubin, Adam C. Sherman and Kristin L. Woeste have been named partners of the firm.
- 12/4/2013Eighty-one attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP have been named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. 57 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyer and 24 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Rising Stars.
- 11/6/2019The rapid growth of Amazon and other online marketplaces has created a new ecosystem in which brands struggle to control their product sales. Brands now find their products sold by anonymous online sellers and face new challenges on an unprecedented scale. The eControl360 Summit was a first-of-its-kind event that brought together thought leaders in each of the disciplines necessary to tackle these challenges and allow brands to retake control of their online sales.
- 1/17/2019Vorys attorneys Heather Kabele, Tony O’Malley and Raj Adlakha presented an Ethics CLE titled “Corporate Communications: Problems, Pitfalls and Ethical Considerations” to BP on January 17, 2019 as part of the BP Legal CLE Training Camp.
- 6/22/2016Several Vorys attorneys were speakers at the 2016 Consumer Financial Services Summit on June 22, 2016 in Columbus, Ohio.
- 2/25/2016Several Vorys attorneys were speakers at the Vorys Consumer Financial Services Summit on February 25, 2016 in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- 10/28/2015Vorys presented a Consumer Financial Services Summit on October 28, 2015 in Cleveland, Ohio.
- 8/21/2014Vorys attorneys Rajeev Adlakha, Justin Roberts and David Tocco presented at the CLE hosted by the Association of Corporate Counsel Northeast Ohio Chapter on August 21, 2014.