Cleveland Attorneys & ProfessionalsView List
Opened in 1982, the Vorys Cleveland office includes nearly 40 attorneys and paralegals who have significant experience in corporate law, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, governance, securities and private equity; commercial transactions; financial services; real estate; commercial litigation; health care; bankruptcy, restructuring and creditor rights/insolvency; intellectual property; labor and employment; arbitration and mediation.
The office is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland, serving a robust 18-county Northeast Ohio economic region-county with over 4 million residents, 2 million workers and a GDP exceeding $238 billion. In addition, Ohio’s GDP ranks seventh in the U.S., and Ohio is home to 24 Fortune 500 headquarters, fifth most in the U.S. Further, Vorys represents 142 companies on the national Fortune 500 list.
For many years, a number of our Cleveland lawyers have been recognized by their peers and clients. Recent accolades include:
- Ranked as a “Best Law Firm” in 13 practice areas by 2020 U.S. News and World Report/Best Lawyers. This includes Tier 1 rankings in seven practice areas: arbitration, banking and finance, bankruptcy and creditor rights/insolvency, commercial litigation, health care, intellectual property litigation and mediation.
- Four Cleveland attorneys have been named Ohio Leading Lawyers in the 2020 Chambers USA Guide in banking & finance; bankruptcy/restructuring; health care; and general commercial litigation.
- Seven Cleveland attorneys have been named 2020 Ohio Super Lawyers or Rising Stars by Super Lawyers Magazine in real estate, intellectual property litigation, business litigation, bankruptcy and creditor/debtor rights and tax.
- 13 Cleveland attorneys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America®2021 in bankruptcy, banking and finance, commercial litigation, real estate, corporate law, intellectual property litigation, patent law, trademark law, arbitration, mediation, securities litigation, trust and estate litigation and financial services regulation law.
- Four Cleveland attorneys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion on The Best Lawyers in America®2021 "Ones to Watch" list, which highlights promising young lawyers in the U.S. who have been in private practice for 5-10 years and have already demonstrated “excellence in the profession.”
Our Cleveland lawyers are active in many different community and charitable organizations, including:
Front Steps Housing and Services
Center for Families and Children
Fund for the Future of Heights Libraries Board
Center for the Arts Center for the Arts
Jewish Education Center of Cleveland
Cleveland Chesed Center
Cleveland Jewish Federation
Legal Aid Society of Cleveland
Cleveland Region Committee of the Princeton Prize in Race Relations
Contemporary Youth Orchestra
The Cleveland Institute of Music
United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Cleveland
Friends of Breakthrough Schools
United Jewish Cemeteries Association
Friends of MC2Stem
We also support and participate in a number of civic and professional organizations, including:
American Bar Association
Leadership Council on Legal Diversity
American Judges Association
National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
Association for Corporate Growth
National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
Asian American Bar Association of Ohio
Northern District of Ohio, Chapter 7 Panel Bankruptcy Trustee
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation
The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business
Commercial Real Estate Women
Turnaround Management Association
Greater Cleveland Mortgage Bankers Association
Urban Land Institute
Intellectual Property Owners
Vocational Guidance Services, Inc.
Judge John M. Manos Inn of Court
- Winter 2022