Karey is an associate in the Vorys Cleveland office and a member of the litigation group. Her practice focuses on financial services litigation, class action, defense of legal malpractice claims, business and commercial litigation.
Her notable experience includes:
- Representation of law firms and attorneys in defense of claims of legal malpractice and other breaches of trust
- Representation of an entity in connection with a putative consumer class action alleging violations of Ohio’s Uniform Commercial Code
- Representation of a shareholder in a judicial dissolution action
- Representation of financial institutions and lenders in commercial contract and secured transaction disputes
Karey received her J.D. summa cum laude from Case Western University School of Law, where she was executive articles editor for the Case Western Reserve Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif. During her third year of law school, Karey worked as a certified legal intern in the Criminal Justice Clinic at Case Western University. She received her B.A. summa cum laude from Kent State University.
Professional & Community Activities
The Center for Arts-Inspired Learning, CAL Collective, Member, 2018-present
Fund for the Future of Heights Libraries, Board Member, 2019-present
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Litigation Section, Council Member, 2018-present
News & Insights
Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 2016, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif
Kent State University, B.A., 2013, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.