- Energy and Utilities
- Intellectual Property, Entertainment, and Technology Protection
- George Washington University Law School, J.D., 1987, cum laude
- Manhattan College, Masters in Chemical Engineering, 1979
- Manhattan College, B.E., 1978, magna cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Anthony is a partner in the Vorys Washington, D.C. office and a member of the technology and intellectual property group. He has prepared numerous U.S. and PCT patent applications, trademark applications and opinions. He has also participated in major intellectual property litigation, post grant proceedings at the US Patent Office, as well as oppositions and cancellations at the US Trademark Office. He is responsible for complex activities including negotiating and drafting agreements, conducting due diligence for multi-million dollar technology acquisitions and counseling senior management on intellectual property issues.
Prior to joining Vorys, Anthony was a partner at Novak Druce Connolly Bove + Quigg LLP in Washington, D.C., he served as patent counsel for the U.S. Surgical Corporation and was a chemical engineer with Exxon. Anthony’s fields of technical expertise include chemistry, catalysts, oil, gas and coal processing, metallurgy, surfactants, polymers, pharmaceuticals, compositions, biotechnology, industrial machinery, and medical devices. Anthony wrote over 50 patent applications covering zeolite catalysts, catalytic dewaxing, fluid catalytic cracking, hydrocracking, and other refinery processes before graduating law school. He has also written a large number of patent applications for proppants for hydraulic fracturing.
Anthony is a frequent lecturer on U.S. patent and trademark practice both in the U.S. and abroad. He also serves as one of 12 Directors on the Board of the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), a national bar association constituted of lawyers in private and corporate practice, government service, and the academic community.
Anthony received his J.D. cum laude from The George Washington University Law School. He received his M.Ch.E. in chemical engineering and his B.Ch.E. magna cum laude from Manhattan College. He was also a registered professional engineer in New Jersey.
Professional and Community Activities
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, Member, 2017
- National Association of Patent Practitioners, Past President
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), Director on the Board; Intellectual Property Practice in Europe Committee, Past Chair; Patent Harmonization Committee, Past Chair, AIPLA Fellow
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated™ by Martindale-Hubbell
- Washington D.C. Top Rated Lawyer
- 6/27/2018Venturino Represents AIPLA at Industry Trilateral, Industry IP5 and IP5 Patent Office Heads MeetingsTony Venturino, a partner in the Vorys Washington, D.C. office and co-chair of the American Intellectual Property Law Association’s (AIPLA) Harmonization Committee, recently represented the AIPLA at meetings of the industry trilateral, industry IP5 and IP5 patent office heads in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- 1/26/2016Vorys announced that Anthony Venturino has joined the firm as a partner in the Washington, D.C. office. Venturino has nearly 30 years of experience in patent law.
- 10/7/2020Anthony Venturino participated in a panel session on substantive & procedural patent harmonization at the AIPPI World Congress Online.
- 6/12/2019Vorys Partner Anthony Venturino spoke at the IP5 Heads of Office with the Industry IP5 in Incheon, Korea on June 12, 2019.
- 5/18/2017Vorys Partner Anthony Venturino was a speaker at the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) Spring Meeting on May 18, 2017.
- 10/27/2016Vorys Partner Tony Venturino was a speaker at the Committee Meeting of the AIPLA Harmonization Task Force on October 27, 2016.
- 4/26/2016Vorys Partner Anthony Venturino was a speaker at the United States Patent and Trademark Office Biotech/Pharm/Chemical Customer Partnership (BCP) Meeting on April 26, 2016.