- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2014
- Dartmouth College, B.A., 2009
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Asafu is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the labor and employment group. She assists clients in the highly complex area of immigration, nationality, and employer sanctions (I-9) law. Asafu has experience conducting intake and providing initial consultations, preparing and filing family-based and humanitarian immigration applications with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. She also has experience preparing and filing immigrant waivers, preparing motions, applications, briefs and other filings with the Executive Office for Immigration Review. Asafu is a native Japanese speaker.
Asafu received her J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center, where she was the senior notes editor of Georgetown Journal of Gender and the Law. She received her B.A. from Dartmouth College.
- 5/12/2021There have been several U.S. immigration developments over the past few weeks. We highlight all developments of note in this alert.
- 2/4/2020Immigration Alert: New Version of Form I-9 Available – Use of New Version Becomes Mandatory Starting May 1, 2020The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) released a new version of Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.