Mary is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. Before joining Vorys, Mary served as legal counsel to a global financial institutions internal lines of business as part of their technology transactional team and marketing, communications and media team. During this time, she advised the firm on commercial transactions and helped mitigate potential legal, compliance, and reputational risks. Prior to that, she served as general counsel to an electronics insurance company where she handled their day to day legal needs.
Mary has extensive experience drafting, negotiating and consulting on commercial agreements, including technology procurement agreements, service agreements, distribution agreements, and marketing and advertising agreements. She is also well versed in US regulations, industry guidelines, and self-regulatory standards for financial institutions.
Career highlights include:
- Drafted and negotiated master services and SaaS agreements for medical healthcare providers for global financial institution
- Structured and drafted master services agreement with a cooperative of self-insured market leaders with employees across the U.S. to drive better health outcomes for employees and families covered by self-insured employer health brands
- Counseled on master agreement with talent search company specializing in candidate skill testing and predicting job suitability
- Advised and consulted internal group on contract dispute and renegotiation of contract with ATM security providers
- Drafted and negotiated agreements with global document providers for the procurement of shipping and document processing services
Mary received her J.D. from Capital University Law School and graduated with her B.A. from The Ohio State University.