- University of Cincinnati College Of Law, J.D., 2014
- Miami University, B.A., 2011
Bar & Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Emily is an associate in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the litigation group. She has a diverse practice representing large corporations, small businesses and individuals in both state and federal courts throughout the country.
Her notable experiences include:
- Obtaining verdict in favor of employer in bench trial on claims for violations of employees’ non-competition agreements, including obtaining an award of attorneys’ fees and costs on a post-trial motion for reconsideration.
- Obtaining summary judgment on behalf of clients in state and federal court, including on commercial, employment, and trust and estate claims.
- Obtaining preliminary injunctions and temporary restraining orders on behalf of clients, including on claims related to breach of contract, trade secrets, restrictive covenants and Chapter 340 of the Ohio Revised Code.
- Drafting of jurisdictional and merits briefs in federal and Ohio appellate courts, including the Ohio Supreme Court and the United States Supreme Court.
- Securing dismissal of actions and claims on motions to dismiss in both state and federal courts.
- Obtaining awards of attorneys’ fees and costs for clients both contractual and statutory in state and federal courts.
- Representing clients in deceptive advertising class actions both state-specific and nationwide.
Emily received her J.D. from the University of Cincinnati College of Law where she was a member of the University of Cincinnati Law Review and a fellow at the Ohio Innocence Project.
Emily has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in litigation by Ohio Super Lawyers and named to the Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” list in trusts and estates.
Professional and Community Activities
- Business Leaders Alliance, member
- Cincinnati Bar Association, member
- iSpace, Board Member, 2015-2016
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Membership Committee for the Young Lawyer’s Section, Co-Chair, 2015-2016
- Previously certified as a Title IX Investigator by the Association of Title IX Administrators
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Trusts and Estates, 2021-2022
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Litigation, 2022
- 6/21/2022Vorys Wins 7-2 at U.S. Supreme Court in Marietta Memorial Hospital Employee Health Benefit Plan v. DaVita Inc.On June 21, 2022 the U.S. Supreme Court released its decision in Marietta Memorial Hospital Employee Health Benefit Plan v. DaVita Inc. siding with petitioners Marietta Memorial Hospital, its employee group health plan and health plan third-party administrator, for which Vorys argued the case.
- 1/4/2022Vorys is pleased to announce that 42 attorneys from the firm have been named either 2022 Ohio Super Lawyers or Rising Stars.
- 8/19/2021116 Vorys Attorneys Named to 2022 Best Lawyers in America List; 34 Vorys Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers’ “Ones to Watch” ListOne hundred and sixteen lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America® 2022 edition. In addition, 34 Vorys attorneys were named to the 2022 Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” list.
- 8/20/2020112 Vorys Attorneys Named to 2021 Best Lawyers in America List; 26 Vorys Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers’ Inaugural “Ones to Watch” ListOne hundred and twelve lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America® 2021 edition. In addition, 26 Vorys attorneys were named to the inaugural Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” list.
- 10/31/2014Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to welcome nine new first-year associates to the firm.
- 4/21/2022The Vorys Cincinnati office hosted a labor and employment seminar on April 21st, 2022. Vorys attorneys discussed pressing employment issues related to the ADA, workers compensation and more.
- 4/20/2020In the last month, cyberattacks have exploited the unique challenges that businesses face due to increased teleworking.