- University of Cincinnati College Of Law, J.D., 2014, cum laude
- Miami University, B.A., 2011, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Emily is an associate in the Vorys Cincinnati Office and a member of the litigation group. She has a diverse practice, and has assisted in representing large corporations, small businesses and individuals in both state and federal courts.
Her notable experiences include:
- Assisting in the defense of insurance companies and large financial institutions on various matters
- Assisting in the defense and resolution of an age discrimination action on behalf of a corporate entity
- Successfully obtaining summary judgment while defending a federal contractor in a Part 708 complaint filed with the U.S. Department of Energy
- Assisting in the defense and resolution of lender liability actions on behalf of large financial institutions
- Successfully assisting in representing clients regarding a diverse range of matters including trusts and estates, insurance, commercial, False Claims Act and employment litigation in multiple federal and state courts
- Certified Title IX Investigator by the Association of Title IX Administrators
Emily is a member of the Cincinnati Bar Association.
Emily received her J.D. cum laude from the University of Cincinnati College Of Law. She received her B.A cum laude from Miami University. She was also a fellow at the Ohio Innocence Project.
Professional and Community Activities
- Vory’s Women’s Initiative, Development Subcommittee 2016-present
- Cincinnati Public Schools Tutor, 2013-present
- iSpace, Board Member, 2015-2016
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Membership Committee for the Young Lawyer’s Section, Co-Chair, 2015-2016
- 10/31/2014Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to welcome nine new first-year associates to the firm.
- 4/20/2020In the last month, cyberattacks have exploited the unique challenges that businesses face due to increased teleworking.