Emily is a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the litigation group. She has a diverse practice representing large corporations, small businesses and individuals in both state and federal courts throughout the country.
Notable experience includes:
- Obtaining a 7-2 decision from the U.S. Supreme Court on behalf of client, the petitioner, in Marietta Mem'l Hosp. Emp. Health Ben. Plan v. DaVita Inc., 142 S. Ct. 1968 (2022).
- Obtaining verdict in favor of employer in bench trial on claims for violations of employees’ non-competition agreements, including obtaining an award of attorneys’ fees and costs on a post-trial motion for reconsideration.
- Obtaining summary judgment on behalf of clients in state and federal court, including on commercial, employment, and trust and estate claims.
- Obtaining preliminary injunctions and temporary restraining orders on behalf of clients, including on claims related to breach of contract, trade secrets, restrictive covenants and Chapter 340 of the Ohio Revised Code.
- Drafting of jurisdictional and merits briefs in federal and Ohio appellate courts, including the Ohio Supreme Court and the United States Supreme Court.
- Securing dismissal of actions and claims on motions to dismiss in both state and federal courts.
- Obtaining awards of attorneys’ fees and costs for clients both contractual and statutory in state and federal courts.
- Representing clients in deceptive advertising class actions both state-specific and nationwide.
Emily received her J.D. from the University of Cincinnati College of Law where she was a member of the University of Cincinnati Law Review and a fellow at the Ohio Innocence Project.
Emily has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in Litigation by Ohio Super Lawyers and named to the Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” list in Commercial Litigation, Labor and Employment Law – Management and Trusts and Estates.
Honors & Recognitions
The Best Lawyers in America, 'Ones to Watch,' Trusts and Estates, 2021-2023; Commercial Litigation, 2023; Labor and Employment Law - Management, 2023
Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Litigation, 2022-2023
Professional & Community Activities
Business Leaders Alliance, member
Cincinnati Bar Association, member
iSpace, Board Member, 2015-2016
Cincinnati Bar Association, Membership Committee for the Young Lawyer’s Section, Co-Chair, 2015-2016
Previously certified as a Title IX Investigator by the Association of Title IX Administrators
News & Insights
University of Cincinnati College Of Law, J.D., 2014
Miami University, B.A., 2011
Bar & Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.