- Capital University Law School, J.D., 1999
- Indiana State University, B.A., 1996
Bar & Court Admissions
- Texas (active)
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Chad is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the corporate group. He has more than 20 years of experience serving as in-house counsel for public companies, including as general counsel and chief legal officer for two SEC-registrant public companies and deputy general counsel of a third public company. Throughout his career, Chad has counseled business leaders, including corporate boards and management teams, in a wide range of areas including governance, securities, mergers and acquisitions, shareholder relations, executive compensation, litigation, and general corporate matters. He also has significant experience in the preparation of SEC filings and compliance with securities laws and stock exchange listing standards.
Prior to joining Vorys, Chad directed the legal department for a leading provider of diversified mineral solutions for the industrial and energy markets in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, Europe, and Argentina as well as for large retailers with operations throughout the United States. Chad also led various additional units of those companies, including the risk management, real estate, construction, and information technology departments.
Career highlights include:
- Overseeing major transactions and financing arrangements, including an $800 million senior secured term loan, a $100 million asset-backed revolver, the $135 million sale of a lime processing business, the $105 million sale of a short-line railroad, and the sale of numerous assets for more than $25 million.
- Spearheading a retailer’s acquisition of the assets of an off-price retailer and representation in connection with $450 million and $350 million secured credit facilities.
- Directing restructuring efforts through a chapter 11 process to create a sustainable capital structure and eliminate more than $1 billion in long-term obligations.
- Providing representation in connection with financing arrangements, including a $700 million unsecured credit facility with a $200 million Canadian sub facility, two $500 million unsecured credit facilities, a $512 million secured credit facility, and the private placement of $300 million in senior notes.
- Representing a Fortune 500 company in its sale of a significant business segment to a private equity firm.
- Leading corporate crisis management teams to quickly and effectively address a wide range of issues, including data breaches, government investigations, corporate restructuring, significant litigation, product liability issues, and shareholder engagement matters.
- Creating a structure to effectively oversee the acquisition, disposition, and management of a company’s real property, including one of the largest bases of industrial mineral reserves in North America comprised of approximately one billion tons of mineral reserves as well as plants, processing facilities, and offices.
Chad is a member of the American Bar Association. He previously was a member of the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) and held a leadership role in the ACC’s Corporate and Securities Law Committee.
- 8/10/2021Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to welcome Chadwick P. Reynolds as a partner in the corporate group in the firm’s Columbus office.