Rob is the firm’s chief marketing and business development officer and is based in the Columbus office. He leads a team of professionals focused on designing, establishing and executing strategies to grow firm revenue, including practice and business development; marketing and communications; client service and feedback; and sales training and lawyer coaching. He reports directly to the firm’s managing partner.
Rob focuses a portion of his practice on helping firm clients navigate a variety of communications and public relations challenges. He has supported clients in a variety of industries, including financial services, health care, higher education, energy, pharmaceutical and not-for-profits. With a focus on crises communications, Rob understands what messages, timing and tactics best smooth over difficult situations being pursued by media.
As a former print journalist in Ohio and suburban Chicago, Rob covered hundreds of cases and trials in both civil and criminal courts. While earning his MBA, he focused on marketing messaging and business communications and previously led the public relations initiatives for The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law.
Notable experience includes:
- Preparing messaging and a press announcement for a grocer involved in a major credit card data breach
- Assisting administrators of a high school to craft a media response strategy and talking points following a disagreement between the school and a state athletic association
- Crafting a media statement, customer letters, website statement, talking points, and call center scripts for a health care provider involved in a large data breach
- Crafting media plans that support and advance in-court litigation strategies on behalf of both corporate defendants and plaintiffs
- Drafting a media response for executives of a Vorys business client after a workplace accident garnered media attention
- Preparing communication to shareholders on behalf of bank executives
- Training company executives on a proper response to media inquiries following an employee’s termination
Rob has spoken frequently on crisis communications and other topics to Honda of America suppliers, The Ohio State University and the Columbus Bar Association.
He is a member and former board member of the Legal Marketing Association. He is also a member of the Public Relations Society of America Central Ohio Chapter.
Rob received his MBA from The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business. He earned his B.A. from Miami University. Rob holds an Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) from the Universal Accreditation Board.
Rob is not licensed to practice law in any state and does not provide legal services.
Professional & Community Activities
Legal Marketing Association, Ohio Chapter, Board of Trustees
Law and Leadership Institute, Communications Committee
National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Ohio Buckeye Chapter, Volunteer
Public Relations Society of America, Central Ohio Chapter, Member
News & Insights
- Crisis Communications - Strategic Planning and Critical Thinking