- Capital University Law School, J.D., 1990
- Dickinson College, B.A., 1987
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
- The Honorable Stephen R. Shaw, Ohio Court of Appeals, Third Appellate District,1990-1992
Gretchen is a senior attorney in the Vorys Columbus office, and a member of the Energy and Utilities group.
Gretchen has practiced in the fields of utility regulation and generation siting for more than 17 years. Her representative experience includes:
- Advocating on behalf of retail energy suppliers and wholesale energy suppliers at the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO)
- Advocating on behalf of competitive telecommunication service providers at the PUCO
- Urging regulatory and program changes to further develop fair and balanced competitive markets in Ohio
- Monitoring Ohio’s market activities to evaluate and assist clients with emerging issues
- Preparing clients for market entry and regulatory compliance requirements
- Assisting clients in obtaining certification from the Ohio Power Siting Board (OPSB) to construct and operate new generating facilities in Ohio
Gretchen is well versed in Ohio’s utility public policy and regulations, having been a hearing examiner and section chief at the PUCO and an administrative law judge at the OPSB for years. She was directly involved in numerous issues that moved Ohio’s electric, natural gas and telecommunications industries from monopoly to competitive paradigms, and prompted development of new generation facilities.
Gretchen is also well versed in the licensure and disciplinary processes of medical professionals regulated by the State Medical Board of Ohio. She was a hearing examiner for the State Medical Board of Ohio for six years, during which she evaluated qualifications for licensure, evaluated alleged regulatory violations, and recommended disciplinary outcomes.
She is a member of the Columbus Bar Association and the Ohio State Bar Association.
Gretchen received her J.D. from Capital University Law School and her B.A. from Dickinson College.
- 6/10/2014Vorys Attorneys Included in Cleveland Plain Dealer Story Titled “FirstEnergy Solutions' ‘Polar Vortex' Surcharge Now Showing up in Commercial Customer Bills”Two Vorys attorneys were included in a Cleveland Plain Dealer story regarding FirstEnergy Solutions commercial customer bills, which now include a surcharge to cover the costs incurred for extra power plants ordered into operation twice in January 2014 during widespread subzero temperatures.
- 11/15/2018Vorys Senior Attorney Gretchen Petrucci spoke at the 2018 OCTA Annual Meeting & Prime Time Dinner on November 15, 2018.
- 11/8/2017Vorys Senior Attorney Gretchen Petrucci spoke at the 2017 OCTA Annual Meeting on November 8, 2017
- 3/23/2018The Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) recently rolled out a new system, called the “PUCO Community,” that must be used for submitting annual reports and eventually it will have additional uses.