Hosted by Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
Vorys attorneys Heather Enlow-Novitsky and John Landolfi were speakers at the webinar titled "Privacy Pitfalls for Retailers in Marketing" hosted by Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP on May 9, 2017.
Increasingly, consumers expect personalized and immediate marketing experiences. This webinar addressed some of the common privacy pitfalls marketers face when engaging their customers and tips for avoiding these pitfalls, including:
- Discussion of email requirements, including a focus on changing international requirements
- Text messaging and how retailers can obtain proper consent
- Push notifications and other messaging to mobile devices, including in-store messaging
- Tracking customers online and across devices and advertising to customers based on those activities
- The importance of honoring privacy commitments to customers