Pete is an associate in the Vorys Washington, D.C. office and a member of the litigation group. Pete’s practice focuses on defending clients in matters involving commercial litigation, professional liability litigation and consumer protection litigation. Pete also maintains a broad-based litigation practice involving labor and employment defense, copyright and trademark defense, personal injury defense and real property tax litigation. Pete has experience representing public and private entities, banks, credit card companies, finance companies, insurance companies and credit unions, as well as individual attorneys, officers, directors and fiduciaries.
Career highlights include:
- Obtained a unanimous decision, from the Maryland Court of Appeals, on behalf of a Maryland-based credit union in a matter involving a Maryland court’s jurisdiction over property outside the State of Maryland.
- Obtained Summary Judgment, prior to class certification, on behalf of a property management company in a putative class action for alleged violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Obtained Judgment as a Matter of Law after two days of trial, on behalf of a top 10 electrical contractor in the United States, in a subrogation action involving claims for breach of contract and negligence resulting in property damage.
- Obtained a dismissal, on behalf of a multinational payment card services company, of claims involving claims for violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Consumer Financial Protection Act, and regulatory consent orders.
- Representation of law firms and attorneys in defense of claims of legal malpractice.
- Representation of companies in various breach of contract and negligence claims.
Pete received his J.D. from William & Mary School of Law, where he was an articles editor of the William & Mary Business Law Review. He received his B.A. magna cum laude from Dickinson College.
Honors & Recognitions
The Best Lawyers In America 'Ones to Watch', Commercial Litigation, 2022-2023
Washington, DC Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Civil Litigation: Defense, 2018-2022
Professional & Community Activities
American Bar Association Litigation Committee, Member
Bar Association of Montgomery County, Member
District of Columbia Bar Litigation Committee, Member
News & Insights
William & Mary School of Law, J.D., 2012
William & Mary Business Law Review, Articles Editor
Dickinson College, B.A., magna cum laude, 2009
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.