Steve is a senior attorney in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the litigation practice group. He practices in toxic tort, products liability and premises liability litigation cases. The primary focus of his practice is asbestos defense litigation in state and federal courts. Steve also devotes a portion of his practice to real property tax valuation disputes and appeals, including regularly litigating such matters throughout the state of West Virginia.
Notable experience includes:
- Representing clients in asbestos litigation in West Virginia and Ohio state courts, where he has successfully resolved over 10,000 cases through trial, settlement and summary judgment
- Serving as local trial counsel in West Virginia for multiple asbestos manufacturers and premises owners and acting as defense liaison counsel for all pending asbestos cases
- Serving as defense liaison counsel in Cuyahoga County, where he is responsible for coordinating with plaintiffs' counsel and other defense counsel on court related matters
- Extensive discovery and evidentiary deposition and motion practice experience
- Assisting as national counsel for a Fortune 200 aerospace company with an emphasis on industrial hygiene and discovery issues
Steve is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and the West Virginia State Bar Association.
Steve received his J.D. from the West Virginia University College of Law and his B.A. cum laude from Hampden-Sydney College.
Honors & Recognitions
Columbus CEO, Best Lawyers, Product Liability, 2022
Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2017-2021
Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Class Action/Mass Torts, 2005-2007
News & Insights
- NewsThirty-Six Vorys Attorneys Named Ohio Rising Stars
West Virginia University College of Law, J.D., 1994
Hampden-Sydney College, B.A., cum laude, 1991
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- West Virginia
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.