Emma is an associate in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the Vorys eControl group. Emma’s practice focuses on issues related to eCommerce, online brand protection, and product diversion. Emma has experience litigating against unauthorized sellers in actions involving trademark infringement, counterfeiting, unfair competition, false advertising, and related torts.
Her notable experience includes:
- Obtaining and enforcing court orders that caused unauthorized sellers’ websites and online storefronts to be permanently shut down
- Defeating dispositive motions in actions involving unauthorized sales of diverted products
- Obtaining dismissal of claims asserting tortious interference, defamation, and related claims based on valid brand protection and enforcement efforts
Prior to joining Vorys, Emma clerked for two years at the Florida Fifth District Court of Appeal, and before that served as a judicial intern at the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Emma received her J.D. from the University of Florida Levin College of Law, where she was the managing editor for the Journal of Technology Law and Policy and a member of the Florida Moot Court Team. She received her B.S. in journalism cum laude from Ohio University and her M.A. in mass communication from the University of Florida.
News & Insights
University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., 2016
University of Florida, M.A., 2016
Ohio University, B.S., 2012, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
- The Honorable Richard B. Orfinger, The Florida Fifth District Court of Appeals, 2016-2018